Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Size or weight?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:53 AM
  • 33 Replies

I'm currently 15lbs over my "healthy range" but I fit into a size 8 pants.  Which I feel is good for me since I'm 5'7".  I still would like to lose more but don't want to look to thin either.  Which are you more concerned with? 

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
becky.wallin
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:02 AM

How much do you weigh? I'm 5'7 as well and my goal weight is 140.

Jess0915
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:08 AM
I go more by clothing size and how they fit, not too snug. My goal size is a 2/4 (depending on brand), I'm only 5'3". But I' in that size at about 135 lbs, it always seems I weigh more than I look like I do. Right now I'm almost 29 weeks pregnant though, so my 2/4's will have to wait a bit longer. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AudrasMommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:15 AM

I thought weight would matter more and in the beginning it did.  But I'm still 7-9lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight but I fit perfectly in my pre-pregnancy clothes.  I'm in better shape now then I was then.  I was 160 when I get pregnant but my goal weight is 130-135.  I'm 5'4".

mom_of2_n_twins
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:24 AM

I'm at a "healthy range" its on the higher side but its still healthy and my size 9's are still tight. I want to lose another 10lbs b/c then they may fit with ease and that is my only concern right now. Whether its weight or inches I want my size 9's to be comfy not unbearable!

sunshine86912
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:26 AM
I'm 5'7" and weigh 145ish and wear 8s and some 6s my goal is 135 though, but I do think I will be a little on the skinny side lol but first I have to get there to determine that! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
becky.wallin
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:02 AM

I can only wish to be in a single digit size!!! Right now I wear about 16 but they are getting baggy. Yay!!  I think clothing size wise is what I will be happy with. We'll see when I get there?!

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:09 AM
I think I have a goal weight and size in mind now. I want to be in my healthy range. Which I am now 4 pounds away!!! And I would love to be in a size 5/6. I'm in a 7 right now and I'm finally not looking like a sausage in them !! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SharPei2
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Quoting becky.wallin:

How much do you weigh? I'm 5'7 as well and my goal weight is 140.

Right now I'm 169.  I just feel that's high for a size 8 but that is what I'm in and some are a little lose.

DanosGirl
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:44 AM

When I met my husband I was underweight by about 10 lbs.  I weighed 115 but I looked sickly.  My bones were visible in areas and I just didn't look good.  Right now I'm 132 and pretty muscular but I wear the same size clothes I did at 115 without my bones showing and looking unhealthy.  So I would say size.  Remember that muscle weighs more than fat and is much smaller.

DanosGirl
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:46 AM

I'm 5'6" BTW and 132 in a 3 or 5 depending on manufacturer.

/lilypie.com">Lilypie Breastfeeding Tickertp://lilypie.com">Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)