Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you carry over calories?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:27 PM
  • 10 Replies

Last night my husband and I decided to try and walk/jog 4 miles in an hour and we did it!! I am totally not a runner so this is HUGE for me. We've been jogging a little bit here and there for a couple of weeks now. Anyway, I hadn't planned on getting a ton of exercise yesterday and it was so close to bedtime when we got home that I just ate some grapes and drank water which left me with a lot of calories leftover for the day. Should I try to work them into today's calories?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yngmomma21833
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:37 PM

I don't think it works like that. You need a certain amount of calories a day. Awesome job on the jog/run!

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:59 PM
I don't think you need to carry them over. Great job on the workout momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:03 PM

Quoting jendawn1:

I don't think you need to carry them over. Great job on the workout momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Memers.
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:04 PM

I didn't think so but I was sort of hoping it would be ok. *lol* We're going to a Hawaiian Luau tonight so I'm sure I'll go over my calories and I'd feel less guilty about it if I knew I had "extra" calories from yesterday. Oh well, I'm going to try not to worry about tonight, I don't cheat too often so I think I'll be ok.

And thanks, ladies! I'm pretty proud of myself.

Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:05 PM
Ooh! I always wanted to have a Luau party! Have fun! I'm sure you will be fine.

Quoting .Memers.:

I didn't think so but I was sort of hoping it would be ok. *lol* We're going to a Hawaiian Luau tonight so I'm sure I'll go over my calories and I'd feel less guilty about it if I knew I had "extra" calories from yesterday. Oh well, I'm going to try not to worry about tonight, I don't cheat too often so I think I'll be ok.

And thanks, ladies! I'm pretty proud of myself.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBookSiren
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:08 PM
Awesome Job! I should try something like that... the 4miles in an hour.
I wouldn't worry about it, you were off track a little less yesterday and possibly a little over today, I'm sure it'll even out in the long run.
Have fun tonight :) Luaus are awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:20 PM

i eat less some days and more other days and just don't sweat it.  as long as i'm not under-eating big time, or over-eating too much.  :)

some people say you should "zig zag" or cycle your calories, like do 1800 for a couple days then 1400 for a couple of days.  i pretty much just eat when i'm hungry. lol

Stefanie83
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:20 PM

oh and great job with the walk/jog!  that's great!  :)

Mommajub
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Yup! And if you go really over tonight, just make sure to bust your butt tomorrow to work it off :)

Quoting Stefanie83:

i eat less some days and more other days and just don't sweat it.  as long as i'm not under-eating big time, or over-eating too much.  :)

some people say you should "zig zag" or cycle your calories, like do 1800 for a couple days then 1400 for a couple of days.  i pretty much just eat when i'm hungry. lol

save the date

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:52 PM

You'll even yourself out with the calories but they don't carry over from day to day...if you burn extra calories in one day from working out, make sure to eat some of those calories back that same day.  Great job on the run mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)