Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Endomondo app

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:08 PM
  • 12 Replies

I just started using this Endomondo app a week or two ago and I love it! My husband and I go on walks 4-5 times a week and have recently started jogging too. The app is free to download to your phone and you use it while you're walking and it will tell you how far you went, what your average speed was and how long it took you. I would definitely recommend it! Does anybody else use it?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:09 PM
I had another app on my phone that does that as well...but mine would shut off when I would get a phone call. How does yours do with that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBookSiren
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:10 PM
I have one called my steps ( or something like that- its also free) I use, it keeps a record of your routes you take, the distance and how long it took you to do it each day. It helps me push myself a little faster than the day before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBookSiren
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:12 PM
I'm going to check out Endomondo now though, in case its better! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Memers.
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:14 PM

It stays on if I get a call. I can also pause it and check my facebook ot whatever. We usually stop halfway through our walks and let my son play at the playground so I like that I can leave the app but it will keep my current walk up.

Quoting Flaca43:

I had another app on my phone that does that as well...but mine would shut off when I would get a phone call. How does yours do with that?

.Memers.
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Endomondo tracks your route, too, which I also like!

Quoting TheBookSiren:

I have one called my steps ( or something like that- its also free) I use, it keeps a record of your routes you take, the distance and how long it took you to do it each day. It helps me push myself a little faster than the day before.

Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:15 PM
Oh that's nice! I will check it out! Thank you!

Quoting .Memers.:

It stays on if I get a call. I can also pause it and check my facebook ot whatever. We usually stop halfway through our walks and let my son play at the playground so I like that I can leave the app but it will keep my current walk up.

Quoting Flaca43:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Memers.
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:16 PM

I think I'll check out the app you're talking about for the same reason. haha

Quoting TheBookSiren:

I'm going to check out Endomondo now though, in case its better! Lol

.Memers.
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:19 PM

I should add that if I hit the back button it will ask me if I want to exit Endomondo and if I hit yes then it doesn't keep my info (well it will keep it but it I can't start from where I left off), it will start over. But if I hit the end button that takes me back to my main screen when I go back to the app my info will still be there. So as long as it doesn't ask you if you want to exit you're ok to leave the screen. I hope that makes sense.

Quoting Flaca43:

Quoting .Memers.:

Quoting Flaca43:

Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:23 PM
Ok good. Thank you.

Quoting .Memers.:

I should add that if I hit the back button it will ask me if I want to exit Endomondo and if I hit yes then it doesn't keep my info (well it will keep it but it I can't start from where I left off), it will start over. But if I hit the end button that takes me back to my main screen when I go back to the app my info will still be there. So as long as it doesn't ask you if you want to exit you're ok to leave the screen. I hope that makes sense.

Quoting Flaca43:

Quoting .Memers.:

Quoting Flaca43:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:14 PM

cool i'm going to look into it  :)  i have an ipod touch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)