Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't cook but I MUST. Care to share simple healthy recipes?? Also, what should have in the fridge?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:47 PM
  • 3 Replies

My problem is... I don't really cook. I live with my SO's mom and she does all the cooking and well, she's been hinting at me that I should be learning how to cook my own food. My SO gets frustrated too that I don't cook. I don't believe that women BELONG in the kitchen and I don't want to feed their belief of that... BUT I do really need to feed myself LOL

So now.... are there any easy healthy recipes you ladies can share?? Hopefully get my cooking habit started and I'll improve from there. I get nervous around meats... never know if I've cooked something enough so I rather almost burn it to be sure LO L

OH and i LOVE spaghetti! I got a few jars of meat sauce but is there other ways to make it healthy?

I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow and I really want to stock up on healthy good stuff. I'm done buying cookies, chips, sodas etc lol fun is OVER. So is there healthy good stuff I should stock up on???

It's a lot to ask so I appreciate every single post!

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Stefanie83
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:35 PM
http://m.cafemom.com/groups/read_topic.php?group_id=1111&topic_id=14768453

Hi!!! I'm not a great cook myself but I do my best

I copied that link because someone just asked about good stuff to get at the store :)

I like to fix fajitas with black beans, and peppers, onion, garlic cooked in a little extra virgin olive oil. Yum! That's just one idea for ya. Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:37 PM
Try the recipe index on here, it has good ones! I make a lot of chicken and Mexican food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanosGirl
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:38 PM

I have gotten lazy about cooking over the summer.  I go to Sam's club and buy those bags of pre seasoned fish I put them in foil with some veggies, spray with olive oil spray then toss it on the grill.  Sometimes with corn or beans.  That's my fav no cooking, no mess dinner. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)