Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rock Bottom!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

I weighed in this morning....and I weigh 170 now.  I've never been this heavy in my life. When I was little my parents kept trying to get me to eat.  I was born a premie weighing 3 lbs 14 oz.  Had several surgeries and open heart surgery when I was 11.  I'm tired of feeling this way. I have no energy, my doctor put me on heart medicines, which I have never had to take, then , I have to wear a monitor for a month.  So, with some heavy duty pondering and wondering what I could do, i'm going to make a HUGE lifestyle change.  I am going to go vegaterian.   I have been wanting to do this for a long time, not only will my family benefit but it will help me in the long run and make me feel a lot better. 

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Javi05Eli07
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Making a huge lifestyle change can be hard at first but we are here to help.  Are you doing any fitness routines with your healthy eating?

mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Hey Bobbye! 

You can do this! I'm so sorry that I couldn't respond to your last text..my cell is totally jacked up.. I killed it by accident by getting water in it. Bleh.. 

Just be sure that you get proteins and good fats in addition to the fruits and veggies! Good fats can come from avocado, olive oil, cocount oil, etc...proteins- beans, legumes, nuts, peanut butter, tofu and other soy products. 

Claire

wahmx3
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:32 PM

I know what you mean about rock bottom, mine was late April this year, I weighed 173, more than when I was 9 months pregnant. I hope you are motivated enough to do such a huge lifestyle change, I also assume you have done lots of research, it is not something I know a lot about. Is your family supportive of this particular change? We are here to encourage and support you, you CAN do it, one day at a time!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:59 PM

You can do this mama!  Good luck!

I've hit rock bottom before and I know where you're coming from:)

Stefanie83
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:02 PM

welcome and good luck!  :)

mom_of2_n_twins
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Shut it off and submerge it in a bag of rice for 24hrs. By the next day it should be as good as new :).

Quoting mcginnisc:

Hey Bobbye! 

You can do this! I'm so sorry that I couldn't respond to your last text..my cell is totally jacked up.. I killed it by accident by getting water in it. Bleh.. 

Just be sure that you get proteins and good fats in addition to the fruits and veggies! Good fats can come from avocado, olive oil, cocount oil, etc...proteins- beans, legumes, nuts, peanut butter, tofu and other soy products. 

Claire

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

mom_of2_n_twins
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Good luck with the weight loss. Try walking at first so its not to strenuous(sp?) on your heart or ask your doctor what kinds of workouts can be done to help shed the weight.

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:46 PM
Welcome!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)