Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Transform Your Workout Day 2: Multitasker Moves with Alison Sweeney!

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 8:04 PM
  • 109 Replies
1 mom liked this

Alison Sweeney--mom, TV star, and author is clearly a busy woman--so she's here to tell us about her favorite multitasker move!

From Alison:

Like all busy moms, I have to be as efficient as possible and multitask when I can. That's why I really love a move that hits my core and other body parts at the same time. One of my favorites is a decline push-up -- it works your abs, arms, and chest.

• Get into a full push-up position with your palms on the floor and your arms extended, but with your legs elevated so that the balls of your feet are resting against the cushion of your couch or a chair, not on the floor.
  • Make sure your hips are lifted and your abs are engaged so your body is in a straight line from your head to your heels.
  • Slowly bend your elbows to lower your chest toward the floor (you don't go all the way--just till your elbows are at 90-degree angles), and then push back up to the starting position.

Do 15 repetitions, and you'll definitely feel this one!

Wherever you are and whatever time you have, this is one exercise that will target those key areas that every mom wants to improve. It's hard but it works!

Do you usually do regular push-ups, "girly" push-ups, or no push-ups?! Try these and tell us what you think!

Alison Sweeney is the host of NBC's hit reality series 'The Biggest Loser' and she stars as Sami Brady on the long-running soap opera 'Days of Our Lives'. She is also the author of 'The Mommy Diet'.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's tip from 5-time Olympic swimmer Dara Torres!

Remember, you must participate in at least 15 of the 20 challenge days to be eligible to win our grand prize! If you haven't signed up yet, do so here.

by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Sparkle
by Sparkle on Nov. 2, 2011 at 12:11 PM
I hate push ups but we will see how I do with it this time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I'm having a hard time envisioning this one...

jenniferlee_12
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 12:21 PM

I normally do regular push ups and have done these before. I can feel the burn.

MamaKarrot
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 12:21 PM

I hate pushups too, and I usually do 10 or so girly ones a day.  I'm scared to try elevating my feet, I have no upper body strength, lol - but I'll give it a shot!

mom2ellasophia
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 12:30 PM
This sounds challenging!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wright1212
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 12:35 PM

ill try

Rose87
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

This is awesome! LOVED IT!! Felt the burn in my arms which I would love to tone up. My son asked me the other day, "Mom, why is your arm waving at me" :-/ THANKS, SON! LOL Joys of having a small child... 

I felt it in my stomach, my legs as well as my abs. I am really loving thing and plan to continue to do this exercise. 

I am glad I got a free moment to do it because I am cleaning and had my coffee table out of the way anyways... took a break and checked cafemom, saw this post and INSTANTLY said "why not, im already active - it couldnt kill me"

WE CAN DO IT LADIES!! 

5forjulie
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 12:37 PM

I usually do the regular push ups and will try these one 

mercymom145
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 12:37 PM

I'm not a fan of push up, and I knew it was going to be hard, but I did it. 

Sheraymonet
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 12:38 PM

I started off with "girl" push ups doing the 30 day shred...I'm getting stronger already and can do them non stop for the entire circut. :) Soon enough I will be strong enough to do a regular one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)