• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel defeated

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:37 AM
  • 4 Replies

I am trying not to let this get me too down but I can't help but feel defeated. 

I have run for the past few years after my major weight loss it became a bit easier I was never good or super fast but I enjoyed it and it helped me mentally deal with my illness etc. So fast forward to last year, I had hernia surgery on top of chemo, and had a LONG road back to running. I never fully recovered to running the mileage I was. 

Right now I am only training for a 5k and I am injured again, (shin splints) which normally I can run through heck I ran a half in braces on both legs so I don't let a lot of things bother me like that. Last night I ran/walked and came home to do an ab work out, I laid down on the ground and did my work out and tried to stand up and my hips were having a spasam SO badly that I was afraid I was going to have to call 911 to get me up. 

My DH is out of town, and we are both aware my health is going down hill rapidly but I didn't expect cancer to have this effect. I feel like I am quitting, that I am failing and losing all I worked for in losing 150#s. :( 

Rant over! 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Stefanie83
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:15 PM

So sorry momma  :( 

Tigger0281
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:39 PM

I am sorry for what you are going through. You will probably just have to build your body back up slowly the way you did the last time. I am sorry you are feeling defeated.

The GOOD thing is that you beat cancer. You didn't let it beat you. Your body will get stronger again, but it's been beat up and thrown around so to speak. From what you posted, I feel that you are a strong woman and you WILL get through this. It's probably going to be a slow road for you, but it will happen.

hugging

Erica_Smerica
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:07 PM

hugging

Emsmomma08
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Thanks Ladies. I am still in the trenches as far as my health is concerned. It does not look like I will be in remission any time soon. But you are right I am trying to win this battle. 

When I first got sick I never felt sick, I think that is what is bothering me the most, that as I go along things become far more difficult. It will get better. I just need to remember that! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)