Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hallelujah!!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:47 AM
  • 16 Replies

I was released by the Ortho this morning!!!! I can workout again!!! ( albeit I'm not allowed my normal 3 hour days, but he did say I could do P90X and run some short runs!!) He wants me to do some light stretches as well as some workouts to rebuild up my quad after pounding it so much in the half marathon. He said if I am able to build it up slowly the bone spur will not bother me and my IT band will also be fine. 

I cannot wait to get up at 5 am in the morning and hit X! I've never looked forward to X before, but I might just get excited after weeks of being on IR...again...due to a running injury. 

I am not allowed to run another half for a few months- springish...he wants me to just do short races 5s or 10s for a few months...I'm off to see what I can find on active.com soon! Yippeee!! 

I was going absolutely NUTS not running! 

Claire

" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaKarrot
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:25 AM

yay!!!

cecilia923
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:28 AM

good for you

sanj1213
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:31 AM

great news! have fun!

JCakebread
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:33 AM

That's so cool! I love your attitude! I want to get back to the place where I can really enjoy running again. I use to love running as a kid/ teenager, but it's so intimidating going running where people can actually see me. I'd really like to do a 5k run, but I don't have a chance to run outside without my 2 kids. Is it possible to train for something like that on a tredmill?

mcginnisc
by Claire on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Quoting JCakebread:

That's so cool! I love your attitude! I want to get back to the place where I can really enjoy running again. I use to love running as a kid/ teenager, but it's so intimidating going running where people can actually see me. I'd really like to do a 5k run, but I don't have a chance to run outside without my 2 kids. Is it possible to train for something like that on a tredmill?

Yes dahling... I'm the queen of treadmill training! All my runner pals pick at me about it.. I LOVE my a/c in the spring and summer and the heat in the fall and winter... not only that, I can't take 2 kids running either...I don't have a jogging stroller and there are no trails or sidewalks here- strictly street running. It is dangerous to say the least. My BIL is also a runner and actually got hit by a car down the street one day a few months ago while training for a half marathon. He is fine, but he was peeved to say the least! These people go 60 in a 35 mph zone here in the good ole' burbs of Atlanta. 

I have done virtually ALL of my training on a treadmill- even for my half marathon, which I ran in 2:41 and badly injured. 

Go to www.active.com and sign up for a local race!! It will give you a reason to train. 

Claire

JCakebread
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting JCakebread:

Yes dahling... I'm the queen of treadmill training! All my runner pals pick at me about it.. I LOVE my a/c in the spring and summer and the heat in the fall and winter... not only that, I can't take 2 kids running either...I don't have a jogging stroller and there are no trails or sidewalks here- strictly street running. It is dangerous to say the least. My BIL is also a runner and actually got hit by a car down the street one day a few months ago while training for a half marathon. He is fine, but he was peeved to say the least! These people go 60 in a 35 mph zone here in the good ole' burbs of Atlanta. 

I have done virtually ALL of my training on a treadmill- even for my half marathon, which I ran in 2:41 and badly injured. 

Go to http://www.active.com/ and sign up for a local race!! It will give you a reason to train. 

Claire

First off that's crazy about your BIL. I've been walking/ jogging on the tredmill at the gym for about 8 months now. I was thinking about doing a 5k walk/run that's going on in our town. We  weren't the type of family to do active stuff growing up so I don't know much about it. Is there any people who walk/ jog part of the way? I was seriously thinking about trying to run one on Thanksgiving. How much time do you need to take to train for something like that?

Stefanie83
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:06 PM

that's great news  :)  have fun in the morning ;)  lol

reneawesley
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:12 PM
Yay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yngmomma21833
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Yay! Glad you get to get back to it!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Quoting JCakebread:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting JCakebread:

Go to http://www.active.com/ and sign up for a local race!! It will give you a reason to train. 

Claire

First off that's crazy about your BIL. I've been walking/ jogging on the tredmill at the gym for about 8 months now. I was thinking about doing a 5k walk/run that's going on in our town. We  weren't the type of family to do active stuff growing up so I don't know much about it. Is there any people who walk/ jog part of the way? I was seriously thinking about trying to run one on Thanksgiving. How much time do you need to take to train for something like that?

In all honesty, you could probably do the one on Thanksgiving IF you did a walk/jog...the c25k program is actually 9 weeks long which is the BEST option to learn how to run a 5K. It can be done, but it will be difficult for you to build up your stamina to do 3.1 miles in just 2 weeks. I would look for one a little further out...

Here are some training programs for you: 

www.coolrunning.com 

www.halhigdon.com

www.jeffgallaoway.com

Dh has done the coolrunning or c25k and hal higdon programs... I have done only hal higdon's programs. My Ortho swears by Jeff Galloway's programs. 

Claire

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)