Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello! I'm new :)

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:10 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi Ladies,

My name is Jessica and I'm 27 yrs old. I'm married with three beautiful babies. Their ages are 7, 4 and 2 yrs.

I joined this group because I'd like to have support, motivation and tips from other Moms trying to lose weight and get healthy. I started exercising and eating healthy Sunday Oct. 30th. My starting weight was 175 lbs. I am 5' 5" and my goal is to lose at least 50 lbs. That will get me to my pre-pregnancies/babies weight. So far it's been 9 days of exercise. I've been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD every morning Mon-Fri. I take Sat and Sun off to rest my body but I don't slack off on my eating habits. I've cut out cokes and have learned that I actually enjoy drinking water lol! I drink about 6 bottles of water a day and maybe 1 glass of decaf iced tea with lemon. So far I've lost 5 lbs. I did find some recipes online from Womens Health Magazine and I've tried them out and they're really good. I need to come up with more so I don't get in the same rut of eating the same all the time.

My husband and my family have been really supportive and have been encouraging me. I know I can do this, it just takes disipline and determination.

I'm glad to be a part of this group and can't wait to get healthy and in shape!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Stefanie83
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Welcome Jessica  :)  and good luck!

Tigger0281
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Hi, welcome to the group! Sounds like you have made some great decisions and are off to a great start.

mamakat13
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Hi! I am fairly new here, too. So far the group has been a good help. Being held accountable seems to help me stay motivated.lol.

How is the Jillian Micheals video? Is it something a beginner can handle?

--You will know me by the scars I bear, you will know me by the hate, I swear.

--Otep, Ghostflowers

mombritjosh
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Welcome Jessica!  I am fairly new to this group as well.  I am on prednisone ALOT due to health conditions so my weight has gone up alot.  I med. from my doc. until I needed to take Prednisone again.  Now I'm just exercising and watching what I eat.  I am 5' 6" and want to get down to 135-140.  I have about 40 lbs. to lose.  Oh, BTW.......I love your siggy!!!!!  Just on my yahoo acct. I say something simular..... I'm still waiting for siggies with sayings.  You are welcome to be friends with me.  We could encourage eachother :-)  Take care!!

Julie
live well-laugh often-love much-and give GOD the GLORY!
mcginnisc
by Claire on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Hi Jessica! Welcome to the group! It sounds like you are making great strides! 

Claire

" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss

mamma2mygirls
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Her 30 Day Shred DVD is awesome to do! It gets your heart rate up, kicks your butt and gets you dripping sweat lol! The DVD is great for beginners. There are 3 Levels of workout routines. Level 1 is for beginners but it's not too easy. It gives you the right amount of workout without overdoing it. When you're ready you can move up to Level 2 that is a little tougher. I haven't made it to Level 3 yet because Level 2 is kicking my butt really good right now. The workouts are 20 min. She switches it up with her 3-2-1 circuts. 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs and repeat for 3 circuts. She motivates you thru the workout, she has 2 women on the DVD that show how you can moderate the exercise if you can't get deep into them and she doesn't give you breaks either. Every minute of her workout counts.

Quoting mamakat13:

Hi! I am fairly new here, too. So far the group has been a good help. Being held accountable seems to help me stay motivated.lol.

How is the Jillian Micheals video? Is it something a beginner can handle?

reneawesley
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:00 PM
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwife_10
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Hi, welcome to the group & good luck!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Welcome to the group mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)