Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New and need some help!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM
  • 1 Replies

Hi,

my name is Tracy and I am new to this website, I just got out of navy Nine months ago and I feel like I am drowning sometimes. I have a son who is 18 months old and I am diabetic. I am a full time student and live in the desert in California and I really just need help. I live in a town so small that there is not even a grocery store here so you can imangine that I have not much to work with when it comes to go and working out at a gym. Now that I am out of the Navy I don't have to stay in standards however I would just like to be able to lose some weight. When my son was 10 weeks old, I broke my ankle and then around four months old I dislocated my knee so for me losing this weight has been a bit more difficult due to my injuries. My ankle is doing a lot better now and I am starting to run a bit more now, but now its just finding the time to do it. When I am not at school full time my son wants every spare second I have because I am a single parent its very hard. So I guess what my question is, is how do you other moms do it? I am sure I am not the only single mom who needs to lose weight as well as I other moms who are not single. I do have a WII so are there any games you can use that are fun that i might be able to do? I have the WII Fit I like to use.

Tracy

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Stefanie83
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Welcome Tracy  :)  I have to exercise at home after my kids go to sleep because i work full time first shift and my husband works 2nd shift and weekends.  i bought an exercise bike on target.com for $150 and i've probably used it 200 times this year. lol.  so it was cheap but it's lasted so far!  i also do jillian michaels DVDs.  the biggest thing is counting calories for me.  i use myfitnesspal.com to count calories and it's huge for my weight loss.  good luck!!!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)