Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

loose skin

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:43 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hi ladies! I hope everyone is having a good day!

So my question today is who is struggling with loose skin? So far I've lost a little over 50 pounds and I have terrible loose skin on my stomach and breasts and some on my upper arms and inner thighs but those places aren't that bad. I have about 40 pounds left till my goal weight. Does anyone have any tips for tightening the loose skin? I have horrible stretch marks so I'm sure that makes it worse too and my little flap of skin at my c-section sight but I'm just wondering if anyone has found anything that helps with the skin issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
freckels1
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:15 PM

The only thing I know that helps loose skin is to exercise as you lose the weight, I toned mine through walking and doing P90x a exercise video that incorporates using weights. 5 to 6 days a week. Hope this helps.

M2EandB
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Yep, I got the lovely loose skin too!! :-/   I have lost 67lbs and have about 5-10lbs more to get to my goal. My stomach bothers me the most but I also have some on my arms, breasts and thighs. Besides strengthing training to tone up, I think the only other thing is surgery. I don't have the money for that right now so I have just been hiting the gym harder.

mseng1462
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:27 PM

The woe's of motherhood......loose skin!!!   Yep,  MZ has it right.  Strength training is key.   Good Oils too will help...the kind you drink I mean.  Udo's DHA 3.6.9's is a good one.   A great book to get is Tosca Reno's "The Clean eat Diet"  She is goregous but was like most of us until she started hiting the gym.  What I like most about her book is it's inexpensie, easy to read and very very iformatitive.  She has a great section on supplements and whats good for what.   I highly recommend it!

M~

subiemama
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:30 PM

I have it too and I have basically just been tolerating it. I would love to have to surgery as well, but that isn't an option. I will keep checking and see what comes up.

mom_of2_n_twins
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:34 PM

I have it from the extra weight and a multiple pregnancy. If strength training doesn't help then surgery is the only other way. A friend of mine lost about 100lbs and ended up having a tummy tuck b/c she had so much loose skin from her twin pregnancy and just being extremely overweight.

ZanderandBella
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I ended up getting lazer assisted lipo to get rid of mine. Now I wish I had just gone with It Works. I heard about it over a year ago and have been watching it and over a year, the only time I heard about it not working was today which it was from someone that sells the body by vi stuff. I am about to start selling it so I'll get to see the results in person next weekend.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Welcome to the group mama!  I'm glad these ladies were able to help you out:)

shyfox19
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Thanks ladies! I have been strength training since the beginning of my weight loss journey so I think I may have to consider the surgery route once I'm done. Its so frustrating. Im looking better and better everyday and then I take my clothes off and ... well yeah loose floppy skin is not so attractive lol That may be tmi but most of you know what I mean!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)