Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So many set backs

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:58 PM
  • 6 Replies

This has been a rough year but I want to end it with a bang!

Earlier this year I broke my foot and ending up injuring it further in the healing process so my recovery took much longer then it should. It has been a very emotional year so far and unfortunately I have become an emotional eater. Then just as I was getting back into the groove of things, I got sick, and I mean sick. Down in bed for a week sick and I am still recovering from that 3 weeks later. I am still unable to certain cardio activities because my lungs are still weak and I can't do anything for long periods of time because I tire out so easily. Also, my eating has been atrocious!! I haven't been able to make the foods so we have had a lot of convenience foods/ fast foods, things my DH and kiddos can take care of without me.

So my plan is, give myself the rest of this week with no type of exercising, allowing my body to heal more and on Monday I want to start out slow. The last time I was at the store, I found some DVDs that had workouts broke down into 10 minute segments so I am going to start with one a day until my strength is built up. I want to start my walking again, but I'm hesitate to start my walking program again but may try a 10 minute walk and see how it goes and decide from there. Please keep me in your prayers as I try to get healthy again and get back into a healthy lifestyle. I am also, even though I don't normally get on CM everyday, going to try to come here at least once a day to record how the day went if nothing else. I so need the encouragement right now! Thanks ladies for being an awesome and supportive group!!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

You have had a rough year mama!  I'm sorry to hear this, but you sound like a strong woman and fantastic mama!  You can overcome all this and get right back to where you want to be with your healthy eating and exercise...good luck!

Stefanie83
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:31 PM
Sounds like you have a good plan. Good luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissydan
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:32 PM
You will get it back together in no time one day at a time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashlet01
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:17 AM

I agree it sounds like you have a great plan. Good luck! You can do this!

reneawesley
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:40 AM
Sounds like a great plan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dmwood
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:12 AM

You have a plan, the motivation (you/your family) and we are here for you. You can do it! 

hugs and a little encouragement from your own personal cheer leader ----->woohoo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)