Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I quit but now I'm back

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

Back on January 3rd I started working out doing sit ups and things at home then sometime in February (I believe it was then) I went and bought Your Shape Fitness Evolved for the kinect and started doing that (along with proper diet and writing stuff down). With that being said I was doing it pretty faithfully (at least 3 days a week) and then in June I started walking 3-5 miles Monday-Friday with my boys and hubby if he was off. Then once the boys went back to school I pretty much just stopped still watched what I ate but didn't really write it down. Then one day I weighed myself and found out from January-August I only lost 7 lbs. so I got really discouraged and just depressed and pretty much quit everything and gained that 7 lbs. back. Well now I am sick of that so dh got a Bob Harper exercise dvd at the library and I did that 3 times and felt great (even though I could only do about 10-12 minutes at a time) but at least I still did it.  Well of course we had to take it back so I went and got it again and am doing it again. I weighed myself last week and I've already lost 6 lbs. I'm starting to write what I eat down again and count calories and it feels great.. This time I am determined to rejoice with others when they lose weight and not get jealous that my weight loss isn't as great as their's or as soon because I am me and that's all I can be. So I'm going to take it one day at a time and do what I have to for me.

Not that anyone noticed but that's why I stopped posting in here because I was ashamed that my weight loss wasn't as great. But oh well all in time. I've even requested Bob Harper dvds for Christmas and weights and early next year we are going to buy a treadmill not only for me but for my 16 year old to be able to run on it this winter to keep him practiced up for cross country in August.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Welcome back mama!  We all have rough times in our weight loss journeys, but you can do this!  Good luck and let us know what we can do to help you!

Stefanie83
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:40 PM
Hi! I'm interested in trying the bob Harper inside out DVDs. You'll have to let us know how u like them :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Thank you :)

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:08 PM
Hi! Welcome back momma!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:14 PM
Welcome back!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigger0281
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Hi, welcome back!! We all have setbacks. It's totally normal. I am glad though that you are getting back to doing this for you and doing it the healthy way!

I am sorry that you felt ashamed to come into this group! We have all been there and we are great support especially in those times. Please know that we wouldn't belittle you, we would bring you back up!!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Hi there! Welcome back! 

Please don't ever feel ashamed to post here. We ALL have our down days/times. It is what we do with them that counts! ;-) 

You can do it! 

Claire

" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss

Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Thank you everyone it means a lot to me to have such great support.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)