Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have a confession (vent)

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:50 PM
  • 11 Replies
Well since I love this group I have a confession I'm recovery from bulimia. I enjoy this group because it focuses on healthy eating and weightloss. At my lowest I was 85 not so bad because im five feet now that I'm eating well I'm at 105 and I'm unhappy I feel my tights and butt are huge and since I'm recovering I get bloat like I'm pregnant. I guess I'm just posting because I would like some positive advice on how to maintain a healthy weight but not be so obsessive I weight myself alot and restrict food alot still :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Welcome to the group mama!  We're SO glad to have you here:)  Maintaining a healthy weight but not become too obsessed is very hard thing to do but there are some great members in our group and I know they will have some great ideas for you!

I try to focus on other goals each day, some fitness related and some eating related, something different each day so I'm not too focused on the big picture so I don't get overwhelmed.

Good luck mama!

mom_of2_n_twins
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:27 PM

I agree with Darby. Its gonna take some time to adjust but try to focus on your exercising and maybe your eating will sort of fall into place so to speak. Just remember that fresh/frozen fruits and veggies and lean meats and protein like chicken, turkey, and fish and some pork is ok. Its gonna be a difficult process but if you eat these foods you wont have that "bloating" feeling as most of the other processed foods give you. Good luck with it all.

Stefanie83
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:25 PM
Hi. I don't have any advice but congrats on your success so far and I hope you can find a way to not obsess. Thanks a lot for sharing. You have our support for sure!!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Yep! this. :)

Quoting Stefanie83:

Hi. I don't have any advice but congrats on your success so far and I hope you can find a way to not obsess. Thanks a lot for sharing. You have our support for sure!!! :)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:03 AM

See, I told you the ladies in this group were awesome:)  Even if they don't have any advice for you, they always show their love and support!

dmwood
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:57 AM

That is a big struggle and I am sorry you have to deal with this in your life. Just keep reminding yourself that you want to be healthy and 85lbs is not healthy. A healthy weight for a woman that is 5 ft tall is 97-123lbs so right now you are at a healthy weight. Your thighs and butt are going to be bigger now then when you were 85lbs but they are not huge!! They are fuller as a womans body should be. I agree with mom_of2_n_twins, focus on exercise and make sure you are eating healthy lean foods and drink plenty of water. Processed, sugary and high fat foods are going to make you bloated and add fat to your body. You can do this! You are already skinny. You want to focus on being healthy. You are a strong and beautiful woman. Tell yourself that every day!

Tigger0281
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Get rid of your scale! Pay more attention to how your clothes fit and how you look in the mirror. All of us have the mindset that's hard to fix upfront. We have been so unhappy for so long that we can't see when we are peeling off layers of the bad. We have to work on fixing our minds and realize that you are peeling off the bad layers and all that's left are the good layers! Think of it as an exfoliation for your mind. You want to take off those "bad" thoughts and find the good thoughts underneath.

Anything "extra" that's on your body is probably muscle anyway and your body needs muscle to be able to continue daily activities...especially chasing after the little people in our lives! Don't think of it as fat because that is probably not the case. Think about being muscular!

chrissy8907
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:23 PM
Thank you all so much I really didn't think anyone would respond lol I really appreciate all the positive feed back :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RomansMommy0108
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Welcome to the group! Glad you feel comfortable sharing your story thats a great step in the right direction! I would say wake up every morning with a purpose forget about what you did yesterday and think of one positive thing. Like I have great eyes, or a great sense of style, Im a good listener. Some positive think about yourself or what you do. Then focus on one choice at a time, but dont give yourself an option of eating or not. It isnt an option to not eat, and it isnt an option to binge or purge. You can control what you eat though. So use that choice! Choose oatmeal or eggs, fruit or cereal, or both. You can make healthy choices not just in food but in life. And you can mantain a healthy weight without  going back to old habits. Good luck!

KaylaMillar
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:36 PM

welcome to the group! I agree with Darby! btw. i'm 5 feet also and i would love LOVE to be 105!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)