Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Transform Your Workout Day 14: Lisa Druxman

Posted by   + Show Post

Lisa Druxman is an expert in pre and postnatal fitness, an award-winning author, and the founder of Stroller Strides. Her tip? HIIT it!

From Lisa:

I think that every mom should incorporate HIIT training (High Intensity Interval Training) into their workout. This is done with short bursts of high intensity exercise followed by less intense exercises to recover. When done correctly, you can increase muscle, decrease body fat, and lose inches in a shorter amount of time.

We suggest one minute of high intensity cardio, immediately followed by one minute of strength, and then one minute of core. Then immediately go into the next round.

You can even turn your stroller workout into a HIIT workout. Do a burst of running or walking with the stroller, followed by a strength exercise such as a stroller lunge and then repeat. Our Mama Wants Her Body Back DVDs are a great example of a 20-minute workout that gives you total body results! Every mom can find 20 minutes to get fit! 

Lisa Druxman is the founder of Stroller Strides, a popular fitness program that moms can do with their babies. She is also an expert in pre and postnatal fitness and an award-winning author.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's tip from fitness, yoga & pilates instructor and body image & confidence coach Stephanie Mansour!

Remember, you must participate in at least 15 of the 20 challenge days to be eligible to win our grand prize! If you haven't signed up yet, do so here.

by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Replies (31-40):
lhlady517
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2011 at 7:04 PM

30 Day Shred, 6 Wk 6 pk, Ripped in 30, and some of the Supreme 90 workouts use this concept.

kerryket
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Hmm, any Mama Wants Her Body Back 13 years later DVD's on the market?

Just when can I stop blaming it on the baby, the baby is going through puberty...

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 17, 2011 at 8:55 PM
HIIT is awesome! Especially good when you're short on time!
ryry2736
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 9:36 PM

oooohhh, i can do this (:

millermom07
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 10:08 PM

I have a jogging stroller and I would do bursts of running/jogging, then I'd just go back to walking.  I never thought to do lunges or anything like that. lol  I'll have to try it sometime.

mommy23boyz
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 10:48 PM

thanks

KaylaMillar
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 11:43 PM

awesome!

MooNFaeRie30
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 5:40 AM

nice

kissmiss213
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:12 PM

mama wants her body back is awesome. i used it for about a year, but i cant find them anymore....i've really considered getting it again, money is just too big of an issue right now....

nlonnon
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Quoting RomansMommy0108:

I wouldve preferred maybe some examples of HIIT instead of just instruction to do it, now I have to google some examples as I am not familiar with the best ways to execute this.

I had to do the same thing!  I'm going to post the link of what I found in just a minute.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)