Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting back on Track

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:02 AM
  • 7 Replies

So since the time change my DD's schedule has been off and that combined with her birthday and them getting a little bug last week has kept me from going to gym for about 2 weeks. I've only been once and that was Tuesday night after the kids went to bed. I still try and work in some jumping jacks and basic core exercises at home, but it's not the same. I miss the gym and I really miss going to Zumba! I'm super excited to get back on track. I'm going to Zumba at 9!

I look forward to getting back on track and trying to get back to the gym 4-6 days a week starting next week. I think the hardest part is getting back on a really good schedule so that I can get all of the time I need in the gym. I watch kids from my house and have one kid that leaves at 6 and another that comes at 8 so I have a two hour window that I have to pack up my kids go to the gym and get home. It's also a lot harder for me to stay on track with my diet when I'm not exercisng like I need to!

Anyways. What things do you do when you feel like you're in a rut? Is dieting (eating right) harder for you or is making yourself fit in exercise when you're super busy? Just curious!

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wahmx3
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:31 AM

First of all, get back on track, why are you waiting until next week. Get back on track today, there are Zumba sessons online, check out youtube, you can one at home. Make exercise part of the day with kids. I also have a home daycare with 6 kids most days, some days even more as I am open 24/7. My kids love watching me play on the Wii, make an exercise routine part of your day with them. Having them active for about 30 minutes will also help them nap better and we all know that is a good thing! You can also break exercise into 10 minutes at least 3 times a day. Most of us don't have the time to go the gym, exercise can be done at home, although for some, the gym is more motivating. When I am not exercising, I do try to eat even better, although it doesn't happen every day for sure.

JCakebread
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Quoting wahmx3:

First of all, get back on track, why are you waiting until next week. Get back on track today, there are Zumba sessons online, check out youtube, you can one at home. Make exercise part of the day with kids. I also have a home daycare with 6 kids most days, some days even more as I am open 24/7. My kids love watching me play on the Wii, make an exercise routine part of your day with them. Having them active for about 30 minutes will also help them nap better and we all know that is a good thing! You can also break exercise into 10 minutes at least 3 times a day. Most of us don't have the time to go the gym, exercise can be done at home, although for some, the gym is more motivating. When I am not exercising, I do try to eat even better, although it doesn't happen every day for sure.

Oh I do workout at home every chance I get, but I feel like I get a better workout when I don't have to break it up. I'm just hoping my kids feel better so I can go back to working out more often. I did go to Zumba on Friday (while my hubby was home with the kids). It was  amazing!!!

Busymama07
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Good luck  mama!!! I struggle with scheduling our days too. I am so terrible at it, I just can't figure out a good schedule and stick to it. This is why I work out at home, because if I tried to plan ahead for my workouts then it just wouldn't happen, especially if I had to leave the house LOL.  I find that if I just workout as soon as I get an opportunity then I don't have a problem working it in. I'm doing great with that method, working out 6 days a week. I think scheduling will get easier when my kids are older, right now they are 4, 2, and 9 months.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 20, 2011 at 12:09 AM

I think we all go through times when life gets in the way.  Think of it as a necessary break, but one that motivates you to get back on track!  I'm trying to pull out of one of those myself.  The diet is usually the first to go, followed by the exercise (thanks to less energy from poor food choices).  But either can start the downward spiral depending on the circumstances!  In nearly 2 years of losing weight while going to school, working 3 jobs, remodeling a house, moving, applying to universities, having to cancel a gym membership due to lack of funds, raising a kid and a husband, I've definitely found my share of obstacles, and they've definitely gotten in the way for decent periods of time.  Hang in there, mama!  Be patient and use this as a time to find new ways to make it happen.  I know home workouts are SOO much harder to push through than gym workouts, but they still count as much.  I've been forced to make them work for almost a year now.  Good luck mama!!

Stefanie83
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 7:11 AM
Eating healthy is the hardest part for me. I need to do better at that. I think you'll feel great getting back to the gym!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Nov. 20, 2011 at 8:16 AM

Yep... life happens... I have been slacking lately myself...I've been laid up for weeks due to injury and as MP said- the diet is usually the first to go...mine was exercise and well, diet followed. I haven't really gained, but maintained a weight that I think is too heavy for me after hitting my goal weight last year and then gaining a little back due to being out of town most of the summer. You just have to get back to it.. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss

JCakebread
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yep... life happens... I have been slacking lately myself...I've been laid up for weeks due to injury and as MP said- the diet is usually the first to go...mine was exercise and well, diet followed. I haven't really gained, but maintained a weight that I think is too heavy for me after hitting my goal weight last year and then gaining a little back due to being out of town most of the summer. You just have to get back to it.. 

Claire

Yep. I totally agree. For me I don't want to fall out of the habit to get my exercise in because I know that exercise gives me extra incentive to stay on track with my diet when life gets crazy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)