Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little quiz about your journey.

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:25 AM
  • 14 Replies

What is your favorite exercise?

What is your least favorite?

What have you learned since starting your weight loss journey?

What has been the hardest change for you?

What advice would you give someone just starting out? Or, if you're just starting out what are you hoping to accomplish(besides weight loss)?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mweddle
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Quoting MamaKarrot:

What is your favorite exercise? Zumba for sure but weight lifting is a close second. :)

What is your least favorite? RUNNING!!! I absolutely hate it but it sure feels good with you pass the finish line of a 5k! ;)

What have you learned since starting your weight loss journey?  As silly as it sounds...that it takes time.  Exercise is only a part of the battle, YOU HAVE TO EAT RIGHT!  And it just has to be something you can do with a friend OR BY YOURSELF!  If I relied on my friends to keep me in check I would've quit a long time ago.  It has to be your personal lifestyle.

What has been the hardest change for you? Eating right and eating fish and vegetables. It's been hard eating better.  That is what I struggle with the most.  Also learning that I have to do it alone at times if I am committed for the long haul. I used to HATE going to the gym alone but I forced myself because this is my life now. I can't believe how much it has changed me and made me grow!

What advice would you give someone just starting out? Or, if you're just starting out what are you hoping to accomplish(besides weight loss)?  To NEVER give up even when you feel uncomfortable (like I did when I had to go to the gym alone).  You have to commit FOR YOU! AND go try zumba! ;)

Stefanie83
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Favorite is swimming. I had a dream I was swimming last night

Least favorite probably running

I've learned I can do it!

Hardest change is eating healthy. I still suck at it ;)

My advice is to have realistic goals and to be extremely patient.

Quoting MamaKarrot:

What is your favorite exercise?

What is your least favorite?

What have you learned since starting your weight loss journey?

What has been the hardest change for you?

What advice would you give someone just starting out? Or, if you're just starting out what are you hoping to accomplish(besides weight loss)?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MamaKarrot:

What is your favorite exercise? Running:)

What is your least favorite? Weights/Strength Training

What have you learned since starting your weight loss journey? It takes patience and hard work to achieve your goals.

What has been the hardest change for you? Learning how to control my portions on the sweet stuff:)

What advice would you give someone just starting out? Or, if you're just starting out what are you hoping to accomplish(besides weight loss)? Take it day by day, meal by meal...don't focus too much on the future:)

mcginnisc
by Claire on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:10 AM

What is your favorite exercise? Running and pretty much hard cardio

What is your least favorite?Weights

What have you learned since starting your weight loss journey?I have learned how to eat correctly and to really enjoy exercise.

What has been the hardest change for you?Continually making proper food choices 

What advice would you give someone just starting out? Or, if you're just starting out what are you hoping to accomplish(besides weight loss)?You have to believe in yourself first and foremost. You also have to believe that you are worth the change. Make small goals and they are more attainable. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss

Mommy2JoshNJake
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

What is your favorite exercise?Running

What is your least favorite? Running

What have you learned since starting your weight loss journey?Find anyway you can to STAY motivated

What has been the hardest change for you?Eating right. Being on limited income does make it hard sometimes to buy healthy food.

What advice would you give someone just starting out? Or, if you're just starting out what are you hoping to accomplish(besides weight loss)? I hope to accomplish something within myself. The hope that i can do anything if i set my mind to it.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:54 AM

What is your favorite exercise?  Hard to choose just one!  I love cycling and running, as well as srength training.  Hoping to get back in the pool this week.

What is your least favorite?Hard to say- I avoid exercise I don't enjoy!

What have you learned since starting your weight loss journey?  I CAN be full from normal portion sizes.  I CAN be happy without fatty foods and sugar!  Planning your meals is really important, as in every meal and every snack.  Will never be perfect, but makes SUCH a difference.  Also, finding the time to exercise CAN happen, even if you have to squeeze in 10-20 minutes here and there.

What has been the hardest change for you?  Portion sizes.  It's hard to change lifelong habits of clearing your plate and getting seconds, but it's worth it.

What advice would you give someone just starting out? Or, if you're just starting out what are you hoping to accomplish(besides weight loss)?  Educate yourself, make exercise fun, do a lot of planning, as far as when to get in exercise and what you're eating.  Focus on more, not less- more water, and more fruits and veggies.  If you're filling up on them first, you'll have less room for other stuff.  Have a contingency plan for when you lose motivation or fall off the wagon, since that will inevitably happen along the way.  Don't let one mistake, or even a week of mistakes, derail all the hard work you've accomplished.  Do exercise you enjoy!  As long as you get your heart rate up, it counts!!  It doesn't have to be the elliptical or running, just get your heart rate up!  Don't expect Biggest Loser results, either- be happy with every pound that comes off!  It can take awhile, but that's okay, and probably healthier.  Focus on what you've accomplished, instead of thinking about the huge task ahead of you.  Write out the reasons you want to lose weight, and keep that with you for when you need motivation.

Erica_Smerica
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:59 PM

What is your favorite exercise? Running

What is your least favorite? Doing a workout DVD alone

What have you learned since starting your weight loss journey? Weight loss is really simple-- burn more than you eat. The hard part is doing that formula day after day.

What has been the hardest change for you? Being around really good-- unhealthy food. I think it was easier for me to lose weight because I controled what food we purchased and where (or if) we ate out. Now we have a lot of family visiting, and we've been visiting family. In a group of 20 I can't exactly say that no I don't want to eat that (or there) for dinner! And I'm finding I don't have as much self control as I'd like to think. 

What advice would you give someone just starting out? Set a goal, make it realistic, and visualize yourself reaching that goal. You can get it. But you've got to get up every morning with that goal in mind. And you have to see yourself reaching that goal. Good luck =)

Started 01.17.2011
"If you want something you've never had before, you've got to do something you've never done before"
MamaKarrot
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Erica, I always love all of your advice.  

Quoting Erica_Smerica:

What is your favorite exercise? Running

What is your least favorite? Doing a workout DVD alone

What have you learned since starting your weight loss journey? Weight loss is really simple-- burn more than you eat. The hard part is doing that formula day after day.

What has been the hardest change for you? Being around really good-- unhealthy food. I think it was easier for me to lose weight because I controled what food we purchased and where (or if) we ate out. Now we have a lot of family visiting, and we've been visiting family. In a group of 20 I can't exactly say that no I don't want to eat that (or there) for dinner! And I'm finding I don't have as much self control as I'd like to think. 

What advice would you give someone just starting out? Set a goal, make it realistic, and visualize yourself reaching that goal. You can get it. But you've got to get up every morning with that goal in mind. And you have to see yourself reaching that goal. Good luck =)

MamaKarrot
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:27 PM

You totally CAN.  Trust me, 8 months ago (and 40lbs ago) I was crossing my fingers starting a new lifestyle and hoping I could stick to it.  I surprised myself, and you will, too.  Just keep trying, even if you make mistakes, because everyone does at times in their weight loss journey.

Quoting Mommy2JoshNJake:

What is your favorite exercise?Running

What is your least favorite? Running

What have you learned since starting your weight loss journey?Find anyway you can to STAY motivated

What has been the hardest change for you?Eating right. Being on limited income does make it hard sometimes to buy healthy food.

What advice would you give someone just starting out? Or, if you're just starting out what are you hoping to accomplish(besides weight loss)? I hope to accomplish something within myself. The hope that i can do anything if i set my mind to it.

red_head_mommy2
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:44 PM
My favorite is walking and biggest loser dvd
Least favorite is jumping of any kind. Its my stomach and boobs.
To take it one step/day at time.
Sometimes the eating. I can do great for days then its a slap in the face and I want anything and everything.
Don't be so hard on yourself take it a day at time. Eat healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)