Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too much? Too little? Or just enough?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:00 PM
  • 11 Replies
I'm trying to lose six pound at least since I just had my baby. I'm five weeks postpartum. This is what I did today. I have to do them according to the baby sleeping which is hard.

Treadmill:::::
At 2:20pm
2.5 mph which is walking fast for my legs.
Walked 1.4 laps = a quarter an a half of a mile.
Burned 34 cals.

4:00pm
2.5mph
2.7laps
55.4 calories.

6:30pm
4.8mph. = running for me.
1.4 laps
35 cals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:44 PM
Be sure to take it easy, since you still haven't hit the 6 week, doctor's okay point. Listen to your body, and if it tells you to slow down or stop, make sure you do! You might be able to speed up the walks some, but again, listen to your body. Once you've got the doctor's okay, get your heart rate up! Whatever speed works is fine, the "average" woman (I believe based on 135 lbs) burns about 100 calories per mile.
Congrats on the new baby!!
lizzie490
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 6:57 AM
RKeep doing what you're doing don't be to hard on yourself! :)
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:09 AM

This is with running and not walking:)

Quoting musicpisces:

Be sure to take it easy, since you still haven't hit the 6 week, doctor's okay point. Listen to your body, and if it tells you to slow down or stop, make sure you do! You might be able to speed up the walks some, but again, listen to your body. Once you've got the doctor's okay, get your heart rate up! Whatever speed works is fine, the "average" woman (I believe based on 135 lbs) burns about 100 calories per mile.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:10 AM

Totally agree here!  Listen to your body and take it easy...you just had a baby!

Quoting musicpisces:

RomansMommy0108
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 10:28 AM
I say too much, too soon. Do no more than 30 minutes of walking, and maybe some light stretching or light yoga. Youre not doing yourself any favors if you get injured now, better to take it slow a few weeks.
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:03 AM
I agree too. Listen to your body. Congrats on the baby.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Totally agree here!  Listen to your body and take it easy...you just had a baby!

Quoting musicpisces:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCakebread
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Just be careful. Good luck and Congratulations on the new baby. When you do get the all clear, you can also up your incline to burn more calories. Just don't hold onto the tredmill at all.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Nov. 27, 2011 at 8:18 PM

In all honesty, too much...this is coming from an exercise nutjob too. 

You are ONLY 5 weeks PP. *Most* Obs say 6 weeks depending on whether it was vaginal or c-section. Also, keep in mind that your uterus is not normal size yet and it will take several weeks before it is back to normal. 

Focus on your diet right now. 6 lbs is NOT a huge thing and it will be there when you are cleared by the doctor. Diet and loving on that baby is the best thing you can do right now. Let your body rest and heal for now. 

Claire

ETA: The average 150 lbs person will burn 100 calories per mile of running. 

" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss

SaraNicole1019
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:30 PM
Thanks everyone! I decided I'm just going to walk ten minutes a day, which isn't much since I do more than that in the grocery store!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dmwood
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

Thanks everyone! I decided I'm just going to walk ten minutes a day, which isn't much since I do more than that in the grocery store!

Good idea.... Congratulations on your new baby. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)