Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just introducing myself

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:04 AM
  • 6 Replies

Hi I am Jo, I am 33 and have two children. I homeschool my two children (11 and 9), go to college full time, have a very part time job as a writer, am a foster parent and do all that other "mom stuff" we all do.

Over two years I went from 219 lbs to 115 lbs using nothing but good old fashion exercise and healthy eating. This last year it all went to hell when my husband had an affair (very breif, I caught him the night it was to turn sexual). I went into a downward spiral and packed on 40 lbs. I am very proud to say that both my husband and I stepped up, went to marriage counseling, made the time to fix us and we are so much closer than we ever were before.

So now that "us" is taken care of and the kids are all good, I want to focus back on me and get the weight off! But this time around it seems so much harder; I was not in college before, not a foster parent and honestly was not putting as much into my marriage as I am now. I just need that kick in the butt to do what I know works for me.

So currently I am 140, I would like to see my fit 115 lb days again and get back into competition martial arts. I was the 2009 IFMA womens sparring champion for NY and I would like to take my title back in 2013 :)

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:24 AM
Welcome !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:57 AM
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Welcome! Nice to meet you :)

mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Welcome to the group! 

Claire

" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Welcome!  You can do it!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Welcome to the group mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)