Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gonna be a challenge and I need major support/advice. UPDATE!!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:11 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

As most of you know I have been on a major plateau for nearly a year. We have two different scales in my house. One in my bathroom and then our wii fit. They are 3lbs apart(wii is less) anyway, last night DH was clowning around on my elliptical so I told him I wanted to do a challenge with him....he said ok I'm listening. So I said if you lose 30lbs by March 27(our anniversary) I will buy you that rifle you want and its almost $700 after tax. He said ok and what about you so I said well if I lose 20lbs by then I get $500 to go clothes shopping as I'm going to need it. lol. He has more weight to lose b/c guys drop weight like freaking flies lol and I only need 20 to hit my UGW. Now with that being said we both weighed in on the bathroom scale :/ so that will be the scale we have to use. His starting weight is 205 and mine is 146 :(. If we both make it then we both get the reward. Now the hard part comes. I have the motivation to lose as now I have someone "playing" with me but like I said I have been struggling for 10 months at a plateau....I have changed up my diet best i could I'm eating my BMR. I'm gonna start working out everyday alternating strength and cardio with my elliptical and I hope that I can get there before him b/c its gonna be hard to come up with $700 since I like to spend money lol. Anyway advice would be nice :). And if you got this far thanks for reading :D

Week one is over and heres the results.....DH lost 3lbs....I lost 2lbs!!! I'm ecstatic!! I just hope it doesnt go backwards lol.

"Uphold my steps in your paths,that my footsteps may not slip." Psalms 17:5

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:31 AM
That's awesome that your huBby is on board !! Lots of watEr, 5 days a week of 30min to 60 min of exercise. And it sound like your on track with your eating :).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsChairez
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:41 PM
No advice, but wishing you the best of luck! I hope you meet your goal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RTXmommy06
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:46 PM
I like this!! That's awesome! Have u ever done circuit training? It's a great way to get you out of a rut when u plateau. Also, do u drink plenty of water? Water is a key ingredient in weight loss. I don't know how your diet is but one thing that always helps me drop weight is cutting carbs after 3 pm. So nothing but protein and vegetables after 3. Also- glutamine powder is a great supplement to add to your diet. It's totally healthy and will really help your muscles heal faster during times of rest, so you have more strength to train your hardest at the gym. I mix it in my yogurt every morning, it doesn't taste like anything and is very affordable. Good luck with your goals! Keep us posted!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of_one_boy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:50 PM
i wish i could do a challenge like that w/ my dh but he dont have the 30 lbs to loose lol. ive challenged my bff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:05 PM
2 moms liked this

You go girl! Let me redo your BMR for you so we have an accurate number for you. 

I have a suggestion for you... if you are doing c25k still, why not do interval training? It will boost your runs and give you a larger calorie burn...especially if you couple that with the strength and elliptical. 

Drink that water as well and watch that diet closely. 

www.hundredpushups.com is a great push up challenge and there are links to situps and squats as well. You can always add that in for strength training.

Good luck girl!

Claire 

" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss

mom_of2_n_twins
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:24 PM
Awesome!! 24 5'4 145 I'm gonna workout 5-6 days a week. I've got the water thing down 100oz or more daily. I'm gonna start c25k over and do that 3 days a week and then strength/elliptical 3 days a week. May do the elliptical the same as c25k what do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:03 AM
Quoting mom_of2_n_twins:

Awesome!! 24 5'4 145 I'm gonna workout 5-6 days a week. I've got the water thing down 100oz or more daily. I'm gonna start c25k over and do that 3 days a week and then strength/elliptical 3 days a week. May do the elliptical the same as c25k what do you think?

I think you have a great plan, and a realistic one at that. Sounds like you're on the right track!! I think this is an awesome challenge! I wish I could get DH to do something like that! Maybe if I offered him something like that he would! LOL Good thinking mama!! Good luck!
Stefanie83
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:19 AM
We have rewards too. Our first thing was half way to healthy weight from our starting weight. I got mine already-a HRM. dh gets a wii when he gets to his half way mark. The problem is like yours, idk if we will be able to afford the wii when the time comes. :b

To get to half way, I had to lose like 43 and he had to lose 35 but he's only lost 13 so far and I've lost 48. Lol. I just recently cane up w the wii idea to try to motivate him. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:19 AM
Came*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:43 AM
Sounds like you have s great plan. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)