Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dang!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:20 AM
  • 8 Replies
I feel like my weight loss is at a stand still! Again!! I've been the same for 3 weeks at least. Thanksgiving really didn't screw me up b/c we didn't do anything:-/. I'm near the end so maybe that's it. I feel like I'm doing everything - I'm even watching my sodium intake and I'm working out
too! I'm sure it's stress--I guess I don't know what I can do differently
:(((((
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:26 AM
Hugs. Have you tried switching up your workouts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:55 AM

hugs

Having a high calorie day and switching my workouts usually helps.  

I hadn't lost weight for 3-4 weeks and after Thanksgiving dinner I lost a pound.  Seriously, lol.  I eat my BMR daily, but sometimes my body just needs more cals to let weight go, I guess.  Dunno.  Weird body.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunseg
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:01 AM
Thanks guys. I just started ripped in 30 a few weeks ago--usu I go to the gym a lot. I also had my BMR redone recently and I guess I've been scared to eat that much- lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tori911
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Maybe step up the intensity of your workouts. Just remember, you have to adjust your calories if your going to work out more. Good luck and hang in there!

Women are called snobs and bitches because we have standards, know our worth, only accept what we deserve, and never settle. Be proud to be a woman!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sunseg:

Thanks guys. I just started ripped in 30 a few weeks ago--usu I go to the gym a lot. I also had my BMR redone recently and I guess I've been scared to eat that much- lol.

I can tell you that if you don't eat enough your body will go into starvation mode and store fat as fuel and burn lean muscle mass instead. You need to eat within the range of calories I give you if I do your BMR for you. 

Increasing calories is essential if you increase your workouts so if you have added to your workouts, you need to eat more. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss

Sunseg
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:38 PM
You just did it recently:) and you said ...Your ideal calorie range is 1458-1759 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week. 
---I've been eating 1400 sometimes 1300. Should I eat closer to 1700??
Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Sunseg:

I can tell you that if you don't eat enough your body will go into starvation mode and store fat as fuel and burn lean muscle mass instead. You need to eat within the range of calories I give you if I do your BMR for you. 

Increasing calories is essential if you increase your workouts so if you have added to your workouts, you need to eat more. 

Claire

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sunseg:

You just did it recently:) and you said ...Your ideal calorie range is 1458-1759 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week. 
---I've been eating 1400 sometimes 1300. Should I eat closer to 1700??
Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Sunseg:

Claire

You definitely need to eat no less than 1458 cals per day and no more than 1759 per day. Eating 1300 has put you into starvation mode. If you eat below your BMR ( which 1300-1400 is less) you will go into starvation mode in 2 days. Then, your body will store fat as fuel and burn lean muscle mass. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Claire's right mama....you need to eat more!  You can do this!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)