Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the Daniel plan?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

http://www.danielplan.com/getstarted/#core

its a free christian based lifestyle change. it looks interesting what do you ladies think.

Michelle

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
nlonnon
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:45 PM
I personally think if you are a religious person and believe in the faith behind a faith based diet you should do it. However if it is going to be a quick fix it should be skipped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriaherring
by Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:25 PM

I'm going to look into this. I've heard of the Daniel Fast before, but I think it is a short term thing.. 

victoriaherring
by Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:59 PM

For some reason it won't send me a password.. I thought maybe it was a messed up email so I tried to create an account with a different email and it won't work for the other one either. I clicked send me my email a couple of times and checked the junk folder... I guess they don't want me to have an account.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:31 PM

It is pretty much a clean eating way of life...essentially what we all do with a religious twist if you will...If you are religious then it would be a great plan to follow as it is just a lifestyle change when you get down to it...if you are not religious, I don't think it would be good as it is basing your whole weight loss and life around the Glory of God and doing this with His power, not yours...I pretty much do this plan even though I never researched it when I started my journey. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss

mom_of2_n_twins
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:19 PM
We do it every year at our church for like 6 weeks I believe. I'm looking forward to starting it this year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCakebread
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:32 PM

It sounds neat, but I think it's really restrictive. Isn't it pretty much only eating waht Daniel ate when he was a slave and coulndn't eat the food that was being served to him? I'm sure that it's really healthy. Good luck. I'm going to have to research it more.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Claire's right...the Daniel Fast (what it's really called) is a fast where you eat ONLY veggies, fruits, whole grains, & natural oils...NO meat, NO dairy, and NO processed food.  It's NOT a diet, and it's purpose is for spiritual reasons ONLY.  

Quoting mcginnisc:

It is pretty much a clean eating way of life...essentially what we all do with a religious twist if you will...If you are religious then it would be a great plan to follow as it is just a lifestyle change when you get down to it...if you are not religious, I don't think it would be good as it is basing your whole weight loss and life around the Glory of God and doing this with His power, not yours...I pretty much do this plan even though I never researched it when I started my journey. 

Claire

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)