Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new here

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:11 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hi I'm new to the group and I was just wondering if anybody knew how I could go about losing the belly fat and love handles. I've changed my eating habits.I know they say it starts in the kitchen. Any infor is great
Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Exercise especially cardio to burn the fat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:57 PM
Welcome! You can also try calorie counting.
LOTS of water
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tori911
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:25 PM

To lose belly fat, do any type of cardio. Make sure your watching your calories to. Welcome to the group! You will love it here. Lots of support.

Women are called snobs and bitches because we have standards, know our worth, only accept what we deserve, and never settle. Be proud to be a woman!

JCakebread
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:27 PM

There are several core exercise that can help strengthen the muscles, but from all I've been told is that it's mostly a diet issue. I personally have had success with calorie counting, but this a problem area for me too. Good luck!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:55 PM
Be aware that you cannot spot-lose, or choose where the fat comes from. Your genetics determine that. So even if you crunches all day every day, you won't have a six-pack, unless you lose the fat. You need to do both cardio and strength exercises, and not just strengthening the problem areas, but all over to keep you balanced, and to build lean tissue, which torches more calories. What you eat is 80% of the battle. Focus on more veggies, more fruits, and more water. Then make switches to whole grains, lean proteins and lean dairy products. Then cut back (not necessarily cut out, or you'll feel deprived and end up binging at some point) on the sweets, sodas, refined grains and sugar, etc. Find a way to fit a treat into your plan, whether it's a nice dessert once a week or a small treat each day, whatever will help keep you on track and keep you from feeling deprived. Planning your meals out, even your snacks, can make things easier in the long run, and can help you keep your calories in check. It also helps keep the grocery bill down! You really can do this!! You deserve to be healthy and fit, mama!! Good luck!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Totally agree here:)  

Good luck mama!

Quoting musicpisces:

Be aware that you cannot spot-lose, or choose where the fat comes from. Your genetics determine that. So even if you crunches all day every day, you won't have a six-pack, unless you lose the fat. You need to do both cardio and strength exercises, and not just strengthening the problem areas, but all over to keep you balanced, and to build lean tissue, which torches more calories. What you eat is 80% of the battle. Focus on more veggies, more fruits, and more water. Then make switches to whole grains, lean proteins and lean dairy products. Then cut back (not necessarily cut out, or you'll feel deprived and end up binging at some point) on the sweets, sodas, refined grains and sugar, etc. Find a way to fit a treat into your plan, whether it's a nice dessert once a week or a small treat each day, whatever will help keep you on track and keep you from feeling deprived. Planning your meals out, even your snacks, can make things easier in the long run, and can help you keep your calories in check. It also helps keep the grocery bill down! You really can do this!! You deserve to be healthy and fit, mama!! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)