Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wanna know...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:43 PM
  • 20 Replies
those of you with Christmas trees, how are they decorated? Do you have uniform ornaments or a mischmatch. Do you use multi colored lights or single colored? Star or angel? Do you use ribbon?

We have a mischmatch of ornaments (there is absolutely NO theme). We have multi colored lights. We have a star that changes from blue to green and no ribbon. I would love to have a beautiful uniform tree with ribbon and pre lit tree in 1 color, but at the same time I like how each of our ornaments has a memory...of some sorts.

Also every year Santa wraps e boys' gifts from him in Santa Paper and uses Santa gift tags. I was searching for more gift tags because we have used all the Santa ones in past years and genius that I am (and not at all modest lol) decided I will be making my own using address labels and pictures of Santa!!! I think I might also find other cool pics and make all of my gift tags this year!
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LivinDeadGurl
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:14 PM

We have a white tree with white lights. The decorations are mostly silver and blue, but we do have some random ones the kids made and everyone has their own special ornament. We have a silver star on top and no ribbon.

mom_of2_n_twins
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:16 PM
I have a pre lit white light tree with the traditional red, green, and gold balls and red ribbon in two spots and green ribbon with gold trim in two spots. I have an angel but I haven't found her yet so I may end up buying another one tomorrow because the tree looks empty without her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tori911
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:17 PM

No theme at all. Our tree has multi-colored lights and all different kinds of ornaments. Mostly ornaments our kids have made in school over the years. I don't mind it all not matching.

Women are called snobs and bitches because we have standards, know our worth, only accept what we deserve, and never settle. Be proud to be a woman!

Lilbit0281
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:30 PM
Ours is what I call a hodgepodge tree...lol. All kinds of different ornaments, white lights and an angel. Every year I think and say I'm going to go to a theme then I change my mind. I like the sentamental value our ornaments have.
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:40 PM

4-foot prelit, i miss my real trees.

My grandmother's Angel on top.

White and purple beads, silver (plastic) balls that all belonged to my grandmother.

And misc ornaments that we own, we each get a couple new ones every year to add to the tree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mindiemoore
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:58 PM
We don't do those round balls, all the decorations on the tree are ornaments of some kind and they all have some kind of meaning but they're hodgepodge too. The tree is prelit white but the top half burnt out or something and I didn't want to get a new tree and move it so we put a strand of multicolored lights at the top and it actually looks pretty decent!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:26 AM
You can replace either the burnt bulb or dead fuse.

Quoting mindiemoore:

We don't do those round balls, all the decorations on the tree are ornaments of some kind and they all have some kind of meaning but they're hodgepodge too. The tree is prelit white but the top half burnt out or something and I didn't want to get a new tree and move it so we put a strand of multicolored lights at the top and it actually looks pretty decent!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4000
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:32 AM

I always wanted a uniform, at least some sort of theme tree too, but every year when I see my friends perfectly put together, exactly the same every year, I just think how sad it must be that she wont let the kids even touch it. My tree has meaning every time I look at it because my kids and I did it together. I have some theme going with how I put the ball ornaments up, but all the personalized ornaments my kids put all over and most of the time all clumped in one spot. We have colored lights and never done ribbon. And my favorite part is the angel at the top, because the kids say it looks just like me.

reneawesley
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:40 AM
White lights but prefer colored. It's prelit. Random ornaments definitely no theme. Star on top.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:00 AM

We have a live tree...we cut down our tree every year. This year it is approx. 7.5 feet tall. We use the small mutli colored lights and every ornament has a story behind it. We have some Lilly has made in school, we have childhood ornaments from when we were kids, and we also have ones that we picked as a family. We get an ornament every year when we go see the lights at Callaway Gardens and we usually get one if we go on a cruise in one of our ports of call. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)