Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year's Weight Loss Challenge Day 7: Walk and Win!

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 380 Replies
2 moms liked this

Great job on the push-ups, everyone! We know Day 6 was a hard day so we want to make Day 7 a little easier, but still keep you moving. Your activity for January 9th is: Take Walking Breaks.

If you've been sitting down for an hour or more, get up and move! Today, take a walking break every hour that you are sitting down. If you can, walk around outside for 5 or 10 minutes. If you need to stay indoors, walk around your house or your office.

Researchers have found that sitting for prolonged periods of time causes the enzymes that fight fat to break down. Sitting for too long can also slow down your metabolism. So don't just sit there--get walking!

Plus, we have our first challenge contest! Two randomly selected moms who reply to this post and tell us where they walked will win a Cafemom workout tank top! You can post multiple times, or every time you take a walking break, to improve your chances.

If you missed the activity for January 8th, you can find it here.

The Official Rules
To enter the this contest, reply to this post. Click on the 'reply to post' button at the top (or bottom) of that post. When the text box opens, add your reply. Once you've added your reply, click on the "Add Reply' button.

•Posts must be made between Sunday, January 8 at 10am EST and Monday, January 9 at 11:59 pm EST.  
•This contest will end on Monday, January 9 at 11:59 pm EST. 
•Two winners will be selected randomly.
•The winners will be posted on this thread and will be notified via CafeMom PM.
•Multiple replies are allowed and will increase  your chances of winning.
•Prizes are only available to members who live in the US or Canada (excluding Quebec).
•Two winners will receive a Cafemom tank top.  

by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheBookSiren
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 1:07 AM
Will do! Great idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chosen_of_god
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 1:15 AM
I'm on it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 1:38 AM
Oh I love this challenge!! Thanks jenn!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 2:24 AM
Nice, since its cold here so walking will be done in home (unless i manage to make it to the gym)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
donsmom2005
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Ooh what fun! I just joined, this is my first contest!!

mamabearlehman
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I will enjoy this one. I love walking. I'm sure my 3 yr old will be excited to go outside for 10 minutes every hour all day :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckymama09
by Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Just walked my son to school. 11 minutes of walking so far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeakMommy
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 7:56 AM
I will walk today but it will have to be in the house. Too cold to take the girls out. I think I just walk all day in the house anyways! I never get to sit down!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
refinada_20
by Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I've already walked three miles today. I walked half a mile to my sons school to drop him off, the half mile back and a mile to the gym, then the mile back. I'm about to walk another mile to pick my son up from school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supergirl_mommy
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 8:10 AM
I feel like im running in my house a lot lol guess that's daycare when its too cold for the little ones gotta get energy off the older ones lol..but I love this challenge and want to walk more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)