Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Celeste's time to get serious.

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 9:53 AM
  • 9 Replies

My mom gave me a gift this year, money towards school or towards a gym membership.  I am choosing school as the gym membership I had for the past two years was probably used a total of four months out of that time. I have made the decision that If I want to lose weight, its my choice that I have to follow through on. I have 2 terrific friends and family to support me, and two new communities to get motivation and inspiration, I have the knowlwedge and the tools I need to be informed and I have resources and exercise choices at my fingertips other than going to a gym. SO..... READY..... SET ...... GO!    I am 5' 3" and 42 years old.  I have raised 2 children 19 and 20 now and have a beautiful 9 yr old at home. My husband is sick and I have lupus and Fibromyalgia and life is tough some days. But I realized that even after my kids are gone and I am alone, I will  have a future, some one will love me and I want to be healthy and beautiful for now and then. I want to give those in my life the best I can of myself and this cant be done in the shape I'm in. So..... Short, Middle aged me........ Get Busy. Starting here at 270 pounds the journey begins.  Eric, Clarissa, Dyaln , Paige, Keshia, and Johny  I love you guys. Thank You!

by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 30, 2011 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group and welcome to journaling!  Good luck mama!

JustMomto4
by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!  We have sooooo much in common here!  I am 42, I have two adult kids , 23 & 20, then I have a 9 and an 8 year old!  LOL  I started my weight journey at 278, I am down to 245.8 as of this morning! 

Good luck to you...

My Journey began, November 7th 2011

celeste270
by on Dec. 31, 2011 at 2:30 AM

celeste270
by on Dec. 31, 2011 at 2:54 AM

Ok  Here goes!!!!

Jjlrdomom
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Hi Celeste!  Good luck on this journey!!  :)  We can do this! 

Rah! Rah! Rah!woohoo

celeste270
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Ok This id day #7.   I got up Friday and did soem research and learned about my BMR and what and how much I can and should eat. On a whim I looked for soem exercise equipment on Craigs List....  Ka CHing.... I found a Tony Little Gazelle for $25.00.  Sooooo... I bought it. Well  This is day 3 since I have set it up and I have used it every day. 20  minutes a day and 10 minutes of weights.  It's not a lot to start but it is a Start! 3rd challenge :  64 oz of water... CHECK.   That was easy.

Jjlrdomom
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Wow!!  That's awesome (all of it!!)  I keep checking the for sale ads (craig's list isn't so impressive here) for an elliptical (as that's what hubby wants)  Nothing yet.  But between the Wii Fit and kids and I walking, at least I'm doing something!!  That was my goal, 30 minutes a day of purposeful exercise! I take the kids walking for their PE for (home)school!  LOL  Today we actually had a picnic in the park...how crazy is that? 

treadmill

celeste270
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Hope this everyone well.  It has been a while since I have posted in here.  But I just wanted to say HI and I hope everyone is having success with your journey.  I have lost 41 pounds since I started this Journey on December 29th. My husband has joined me and we are getting healthier together. If you are not aware already a great resource is myfitnesspal.com Happy Thursday and Good Eats to everyone.  

Truly Blessed,   C.

celeste270
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:46 PM

purple ribbonJust wanted to say hi  and see how your journey is going.  I hope you are well, and enjoying the spring. Are you in the west valley?  Have a Blessed Day,  C.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN