• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zumba ladies out there?!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:54 PM
  • 22 Replies

I have done it in a class setting a few times and love it! Im going to try and do that once or twice a week..each class is 10 bucks near me though I have a free 3 day pass I just got today. I also have Zumba Fitness 2 on the WII. I wanna combine it with maybe walking once a week and eventually when the weather clears up I would like to get a bike and to do hiking too. So I wanted to see if maybe some of you ladies are doing this and maybe we could post like once a week our progress, would be fun to see how much we change and to have the wonderful moral support to keep us motivated! I am also trying to phase in more clean eating. I have PCOS and Im hypothyroid, Metformin has helped alot but ultimate goals from this is to get off of the Metformin eventually and to get healthier so I can have a healthy pregnancy!

Short term goal right now is by 3/15/12 to lose 30 lbs..or as close as I can to that :D

Im considering today day 1 in my quest..already did a 30 min workout on the wii zumba game.

I think I wanna update every Sun for progress, hmmm just need to buy a scale now..evil evil things lol!

Unless its changed my starting weight is 247 lbs..I will have to ask my hubby if he can help with my measurements.

Let me know if anyone wants to join in on the fun!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs_vinita
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:19 PM
I haven't but I am pretty convinced I will be buying the Zumba for Xbox Kinect. Plus my daughter really wants it. I'm just concerned that I won't be able to do it, I have absolutely no rhythm and two left feet. But it's worth a shot and even if it ends up not being for me, my ds and dd will use it.
Jess21608
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Oh I have no dance skills whatsoever though I have always been intrested in learning how to dance..I like it cause its upbeat and the music is pretty cool! Definately give it a shot the cool thing is not to really worry so much about getting every move right just keep moving..oh and its alot of hip action ;D

JCakebread
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I am so excited for you. You are going to see amazing results. I was 245 when I joined my gym last Febuary and I started doing Zumba a could of months later. So far I've lost 78 pounds (105 since having my baby  girl in November but that includes the baby weight). The only thing I wonder if you couldn't find a cheaper class. My memebership is only 15 a month and I can go anytime there is a class. I would shop around. Event if you join a gym and the membership is much more than that It will still save you money in the long run. I also like the Zumba liveDVD, but I would see if you could find just the one DVD not the whole system as it's pretty expensive. My MIL has all of the DVDs and Zumba live is the only one she really uses. If you've been taking a class you shouldn't need the ones that teach you how to do the moves. She found just Zumba live for me online and I love it. Good Luck!!!!!!!!

Jess21608
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:12 PM

THANKS SO MUCH! and wow you have an amazing story!! One day I will have an amazing story like that too! the class is at the Y Im sure its cheaper to just join I just have to talk to dh about it cause its 10 dollars for a day pass and I only use it to go to zumba..will definately look into that once I do the 3 free classes..super excited!

IamLucky
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I bought the dvd's and weighted shakers 5 months ago and i start them monday...sounds great to me

Jess21608
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Quoting IamLucky:

I bought the dvd's and weighted shakers 5 months ago and i start them monday...sounds great to me

YAY! welcome aboard zumba buddy! WE CAN DO THIS! :D

Jess21608
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I just took some pics of myself that I will compare again and take new ones in a month so on Feb 15th we shall see the progress! It was very scary to be just in pants and a sports bra....full body shots can be very eye opening!!!

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM
I bought zumba for the wii but I think I doing it wrong. I go to the teaching part the first step is like 5 min then it goes to the next step and I don't even move and its on the next one and so on. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I've never tried it but these ladies seem to know what they're talking about!  Good luck mama!

Andie2405
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Love Zumba, just got to get off my lazy butt and do it more often lol. there is no classes close to me so i just do the dvd system i bought over a year ago, but hey it works. I will give it a shot with you though, i weighed myself this morning and am at 166, would really like to get down to 135 by june, hopefully sooner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)