Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am excited

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:24 PM
  • 8 Replies

(Sorry maybe a little TMIand I'm honestly nervous) I just joined this group today in hopes for support, help with motivation, and me actually sticking to something and going all the way through with it. I started working out today as well, and am changing my diet to healthier foods, and way less sugar <----  my weakness!  I am 25, and have 2 very handsome little boys. Recently my husband got a new job which gave me the opportunity to be a SAHM so I decided that this would be the best time to get my health back on track! I have really let myself go! I can't stand the way I look in anything, I cant stand to see myself naked to where its becoming an issue in the bedroom. I am at high risk for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes. Right now I am at 180lbs, and would love to be back down to 155-160, maybe lower! I am very new at all this weight loss stuff and just throwing myself in! I have plans with my husband to start trying for one last baby but we agreed I should get my weight back down, and everything else back in line. If you have read all of that I thank you so very much for listening!                                                                                                                               

I also have a question........Is it normal to feel like complete crap after your first work out? i thought i would feel so great and full of energy but quite honestly, I feel horrible....And how do you curve cravings?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Stefanie83
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Welcome!!! I don't usually feel horrible after my workouts. Do you think you had enough water to drink? Good luck! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of2_n_twins
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:49 PM

its a bit hard to curb your cravings. If I have a major sweet tooth I chew gum and it usually helps. I don't keep the candy/sweets in my home and I also buy the luigi's italian ice sugar free and the sugar free jello which are 10 cal and the 60 calorie sugar free pudding digestive health and that helps me too. My weakness is chocolate and ice cream!! And sometimes I feel sluggish after a workout but its just because I was sluggish and not wanting to do it to begin with but most of the time I feel vigorated!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Welcome to the group mama!  We're glad you're here:)  None of that is TMI, by the way:)

How much water are you drinking?  That could be why you feel like crap after your workout...also, did you eat prior to working out?  Maybe eat a banana or something like that prior to your workout and you'll have energy to finish it strong and feel good afterwards.

For me, the key to keeping cravings in check is to allow myself a small amount just to satisfy the craving and then go about my business.  I don't like to deprive myself of anything so small amounts are okay:)

Good luck!

LilSarahgirl
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! It sounds like you are on the right track! When you say you feel like crap, are you talking about exhaustion and soreness? If so, that is very normal, especially when you first start out. If you are in bad physical pain, that's not good. (Like if your knees are in extreme pain or you feel faint. ) I'm always exhausted right after a good workout, the energy usually comes after you get into a routine. Make sure you are drinking enough water (at least 8-10 8ounce glasses a day) and getting enough calories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustBoots
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:42 PM

If you are curbing  your sugar intake, then your body is in withdrawal mode! Give it about 10-14 days to clear out of your system.  Once you start saying no to sugar, you honestly won't miss it.  Just don't do like I did and start back in on sugar.  Drink lots of water and don't give up! Good luck!

wahmx3
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Welcome to the group, be sure to read through posts for the past few days, there is a wealth of information and lots of support. We are here to help each other lose weight the healthy way. For sugar cravings, I actually allow myself a treat a day, I try to keep it between 100-150 calories a day, so I know I can have something and not overindulge. That may work for you, hopefuly it doesn't make you crave more.

nancy91286
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:15 PM

You are all so wonderfull, thank you! I dont think im drinking enough water honestly and will be working hard to cut out the suger.  <3

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 16, 2012 at 3:28 AM
Welcome, mama!
I think in the beginning it can be normal to feel like crap after your workouts. Your body is adjusting to something new. Take it a little easier next time. With time, you will feel energized afterward. But this doesn't happen right away for everyone!
For cravings, keep the temptation out of the house. It's hardest at first, when you're so used to eating crap, but it will get easier with time, and you may find that your tastes change. When I was really good about not eating sugar, I never craved it, and it didn't even taste that good to me anymore. It is okay to allow yourself SOME indulgences, but just don't go crazy on them. Have a small slice or a few bites, and make it worth it!! Don't waste the calories on something that only tastes so-so! I save the treats for special occasions (and for really bad days, or while AF is here!).
Good luck!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)