• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alright I'm going for it....

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:42 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

My Insanity is on hold for awhile it seems like b/c of other financial obligations so...I bought the 30 day shred in hopes that I see some amazing results even if I drop inches and not the promised "up to 20lbs in 30 days" thats written at the top of the dvd case lol. I am seriously wanting to get to 125 but if I can "flatten" my stomach to the best of my abilities and lose the extra fat on my hips then I won't complain over the scale! Im gonna start it tomorrow and will probably only take sundays off....though I am really considering doing it for a full 30 days...I will also incorporate my elliptical for 30 mins as well.....or do you think thats to much?

"Uphold my steps in your paths,that my footsteps may not slip." Psalms 17:5

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JCakebread
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:47 PM
I don't think it's too much. Just drink a lot of water and take breaks when you need to. Good luck!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

First off, good luck mama!  I know you can do this!

You can definitely do that workout for 30 days...once each day, and then do your elliptical maybe 3 or 4 times each week on top of that...that will be a great hardcore workout schedule for you!  

Good luck!

mom_of2_n_twins
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Woo that sounds good. I just didn't want to feel like i was overworking myself or get fussed at for working out 7 days a week.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

You can definitely do that workout for 30 days...once each day, and then do your elliptical maybe 3 or 4 times each week on top of that...that will be a great hardcore workout schedule for you!  

Good luck!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Now, to be honest, you need to give yourself one rest day per week...we ALL need that!  In the very least, take a rest day every other week if you're just doing the JM workout.  But if you're adding in the elliptical almost every day, then you HAVE to let your body rest some mama!  There's my "fussing" for you!  LOL!

Quoting mom_of2_n_twins:

Woo that sounds good. I just didn't want to feel like i was overworking myself or get fussed at for working out 7 days a week.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Good luck!

Stefanie83
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Darby is right! I will add to her "fussing"....give your muscles a break at least 1 day per week. It is perfectly fine to do JM and the elliptical, just rest those muscles once a week. 

Claire
" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss
Moderator- Adoptive Moms

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Nice to have someone back me up here...I wasn't sure!  LOL!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Darby is right! I will add to her "fussing"....give your muscles a break at least 1 day per week. It is perfectly fine to do JM and the elliptical, just rest those muscles once a week. 

mom_of2_n_twins
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Ok I will make sunday's my rest days then since I do church and generally run to town on that day.

Quoting mcginnisc:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Glad to hear it!

Quoting mom_of2_n_twins:

Ok I will make sunday's my rest days then since I do church and generally run to town on that day.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)