Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats on the back of your stove and in your kitchen

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:40 PM
  • 36 Replies

Curious what is on the back of your stove and what spices or tools you have in your kitchen to help you with healthy cooking.  Here is my stove:

As you see I have my pam sprays, in the two bottles one is olive oil and the other is my homemade NC Vinegar based BBQ sauce.  Salt, pepper and sesoning salt.  Also I have my Olive Oil spritzer (love).  As far as spices I use pretty much the same things all the time...hence the reason for this post.  Garlic Powder & minced, Onion powder, Mrs. Dash Vegt seasoning, Lemon Pepper seasoning, Cinnamon, and Italian seasoning.  As far as tools I have my George Foreman Grill, and my digital scales.  Love both and wouldn't know what to do without them.  I also have a personal smoothie/chopper that you can make individual serving sizes and serve in its own cup.  I think that is it at the moment..  So ladies what do you use and what spices? 

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
reneawesley
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't keep anything on my stove.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinsies041
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:05 PM
I like how you keep it all there!
I don't. I hate clutter and I feel like it makes it even worse lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BostonMomma08
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:09 PM
All I have on the back of my stove is a salt grinder and pepper grinder. I have a lazy susan filled with all kinds of spices, oils, vinegars, etc. but the ones I use the most often are extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic sea salt, tricolor pepper, original Mrs. Dash, ground ginger, honey, and I can't think of anything else at the moment... For tools I have a George foreman, toaster oven, rice cooker, crockpot, magic bullet... Pretty much all I need is a food scale.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanya_marieh
by Tanya on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Quoting reneawesley:

I don't keep anything on my stove.

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.

-Elayne Boosler

Sunshine201
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I don't keep anything on my stove... the top of it is rounded and the heat isn't good for the spices.

Stefanie83
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Um dirty pots??? Lol just kidding.
I use evoo a lot. And the spices depend on what I'm making. I have some mrs dash southwest, oregano, cumin, nutmeg, celery seed, lots if others :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IamLucky
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Ha i must be the only wierdo who keeps things on her stove...

-TheDuchess-
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I keep everything in cabinets or in pantry storage.  My spice cabinet is floor to ceiling and I use absolutely everything in there (far too many seasonings and spices to list).

I'm big on cooking and baking most of our foods from scratch.  This ensures I am using hiquality, nutrient rich ingredients which benifits overall health, including wt loss.

Tools... Most used are my Cuisinart and KitchenAid mixer. 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 16, 2012 at 3:19 AM
I don't keep anything on the back of my stove, but I have a cabinet loaded with spices (I make everything from Mexican to Indian to Italian to Japanese from scratch, so we need the variety!) and different types of vinegars and oils. I want to try avocado oil! I have it, but it's still unopened.
Be aware that the heat can degrade spices, and it can make oils go rancid. Just FYI! :-)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:33 AM
I can't stand anything on stove/counter whatever, looks cluttered and tacky to me. I keep mine in cabinet above oven on a spice rack.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)