• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i know he means well but...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:29 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
Did he have to get CHEESE CAKE with the already bad dinner (pizza) tonight. Ofcourse I didn't resist it. I had a small slice and now I'm about to do a 30 min workout to somewhat balance it. Ugh. I know he was doing it to be nice but my s/o doesn't even like it. So its going to sit in the fridge and tempt me.lol men :) off to do a workout.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stefanie83
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Great job working it off! And my hubby can be a bad influence so I understand!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Got my extra 37 min workout in!! Atleast I can say that :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:10 PM
I knew you would understand. Atleast your hubby is on board with you now. I'm slowly getting more healthy calories into his diet but that's it :( its frustrating .I want him to be healthy too.

Quoting Stefanie83:

Great job working it off! And my hubby can be a bad influence so I understand!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceemuhreeashbee
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM
I told DH I was giving up soda (I go gaga for Dr Pepper).. so of course he repeatidly brings them home for me for a 'treat'. Aand I'm the only person in this house that drinks it. Sweet of him to try to be nice.. but he's sabatoging me! haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:18 PM
With the pizza he got spirt too. I told him no I'm having water. Lol I guess its going to take him awhile to understand.

Quoting ceemuhreeashbee:

I told DH I was giving up soda (I go gaga for Dr Pepper).. so of course he repeatidly brings them home for me for a 'treat'. Aand I'm the only person in this house that drinks it. Sweet of him to try to be nice.. but he's sabatoging me! haha

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Ugh my hubby is constantly eating, and food I LOVE.  Lately though I've been washing strawberries and putting them on the coffee table for him to eat in front of the TV, LOL.  Then when I sneak a few I don't feel bad.  It's like stop with the nachos, man! I can't take it!

I wouldn't have been able to resist cheesecake though.  Sweets are my downfall.

reneawesley
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM
We had pizza also. It went nicely with the box of junior mints I had at the movie. I don't think they think about it.

I'm pretty sure I'd be eating cheesecake every night until it was hone. I love that stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DissieDothe
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:55 PM

He does not like cheesecake and you don't want it. You don't have anyone that you could give it? If you plan to keep it a few days for manner's sake, put it in a container that you cannot see through and kick it to the back of the fridge :)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 16, 2012 at 3:13 AM
I take that kind of stuff to work! By the end of the day it is GONE. Men have such a strang way of being "supportive" LOL! DH used to do that stuff, but he's really good and really understanding now. Still doesn't get the whole get-up-early-to-work-out thing or the race thing, but supports it, which is all I can ask. For the treats he still eats, we compromise, where he gets stuff I can readily resist, like spumoni ice cream and Pop Tarts. I can stay away from those no problem! But when he breaks out the Nutella, I'm like, hi, what's that? Mmmmmmm!
Cheesecake would be BAD BAD BAD! My mom made a pumpkin cheesecake when she came for Christmas (!!!!!), and it was SOOO good. I took it to work to get rid of it, and managed to only get 2 slices of the whole thing!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

gibsongirl017
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 3:34 AM

lol when things like that happen I start feeding it to my son to save me from myself. For example I asked my husband to pick me up some m and m 's and he got the biggest bag possible... lol So my niece was over the other day and I gave a good portion to her and my son.  It was actually good b/c it gave us a chance to work on his colors. If it is something I do not want my son to have it usually ends up in the trash... :( Although my sweet tooth has been bad lately! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)