Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New with a 75# weight loss goal and a plan!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:52 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello all!

I have been looking for a weight loss support group since starting my new eating plan last week.  I'm hoping to find a buddy or two here, as well as a supportive community.

I am on the Flat Belly Diet, and am having a blast.  Have lost 4 pounds and 1 1/2 inches off my waist in the last week, but I am having trouble with late evening cravings -- I'm fine the rest of the day.

I currently weigh 222 pounds and want to get back to 150 (I am 5'6")  Anyone else out there with a large weight-loss goal?

Oh yeah.  I am 51 years old, with two grown children and a grandbaby on the way.  I live in the Gulf Coast area and am enjoying a mild winter -- 60 degree high today.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jzmommy11
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

good luck i have a high weight loss goal too probably around 60 atleast! I on the other hand am 24 but thats awesome you can totally do it. I have recently started doing a lot of jogging, running, and going up and down steps a lot also doing squats really just small things i can do around the house or for free due to gyms and fad diets being so expensive. also signed up to do some 5ks which inspires me and makes me strive towards a specific goal and not just a losing weight goal.. also gave up soda pretty much! btw welcome to the group

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Welcome!! And good luck !
*jen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IamLucky
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Hi my name is Lucky and I'm 40 with 7 kids and going on my 3rd grandbaby.  I started last week and I have 85 to loose.  Just eating healthy and exercising is my goal.  You will really like this group they are real helpful.  Welcome!

Stefanie83
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi! My goal is to lose 90 lbs. But I started over 10 months ago and I've lost 55 so far. :0). I count calories on myfitnesspal.com. Good luck. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! I started at 221lbs so just where you are.  I log calories and exercise when I can and I'm down about 45lbs in 9 months. :)

Karen_29
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Hi..I am starting out at 278 lbs and I want to lose to about 150. I also have the most problems with late night cravings. I do ok for all three meals and snacks throughout the day it is after i get home from work at night..soooo frustrating! I live in st petersburg,florida but I am orginally from alabama. where in the gulf coast area do you live? 

LCBourdo
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! 

Karen, I live on the Texas Gulf Coast.  Love Gulf Shores, though!

I also have a horrible time with late night cravings.  I'm eating five small meals a day (actually, three meals and two snacks), and I'm fine all day long.  About an hour after dinner, however, my cravings just explode.  It's like I have no control over myself at all.  It's a miracle that I've lost any weight at all this first week, considering the nightly crashes.

All I can think is that it's because I start the evening with a snack of a peanut butter and honey sandwich and a half-glass of skim milk -- maybe the sugar is triggering the extreme cravings?

What do y'all think?

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:17 AM
Welcome!
Yeah, the sugar is definitely part of the late night cravings! When you consume that many carbs (the bread, the honey and the milk all have carbs, especially if it's not whole wheat bread), your blood sugar spikes then crashes due to all the insulin that gets released, so your body craves more sugar to even it out, and the cycle continues. I would look for something more balanced inthe evenings, like Greek yogurt with fruit or something like that with protein and fiber in it. It'll make a big difference!!
I'm 77 lbs into my 135 lb journey, so I do understand! Can you tell us more about this diet you're following? I'm not familiar with it.
Hope you enjoy this group! Good luck!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 16, 2012 at 5:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group and good luck mama!

LCBourdo
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Thanks for the confirmation, Suzanne -- about the sugar.  I do understand about insulin and sugar crashes, and my sandwich is actually two extra-thin pieces of whole wheat bread (66cal), 1 Tbsp. of peanut butter, and 1/2 tsp of honey, but I guess that's beside the point, isn't it?  :-)  It's still sugar, and I know I'm sensitive to blood sugar swings.  I don't know why it was so hard for me to figure this out.

I'll share about the diet, briefly, in another post.  Gotta run now.

Peace, Laura

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)