Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Making my intro...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:05 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello, Ladies!

I'm Duch, *waves*  

Over the past year I have lost 64lbs (210-146), and have gone from a size 20 to an 8/10.  I did it through a combo of exercise and portion control.  I can eat anything I want, just not EVERYTHING I want.  

My exercise routine is really simple. I run for 20min and do 100 crunches. I aim for 5 days a week, sometimes only get in 4.  In the early days I started by walking in place, and now I am up to sprinting and interval training (4mi in 20min on my hard days).  Still in place, right in front of the kitchen TV... but I take it very seriously, as seriously as all of my road running counterparts (just less cold!).  And the results speak for themselves =o).   

I joined this group because I am beginning phase 2 of my goal.  At this point I am less concerned with wt loss (though another 10 would make me happy!) and more concerned with reshaping and sizing my body... preferably down to a size 6.  I need to find ways to modify my workouts, I want to really target my abs and glutes and I want to increase flexibility.  But most of all, I joined this gp to be a part of the support network.  =o).  I've been going solo this whole time and felt it would be nice to share wisdom, experiences and support with others in the same boat.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Stefanie83
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Welcome! :) and congrats on your success so far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Hi duch!! I'm so glad you are in this group!! Your going to love it. So suportive and no drama!!
*jen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IamLucky
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Wow congrats... I wish I had your enthusiasm... welcome to the group.

MamaKarrot
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Welcome! Amazing job on your weight loss! It's great to have you here. :)

reneawesley
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-TheDuchess-
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Welcome, Duch! Congratulations on your success! I can't wait to be that close to my goal!!
I think you'll love this group! Lots of great ideas bouncing around here, and definitely a ton of support. Success stories are always motivating, especially when you've lost it the "old-fashioned" way like you have. Great job and welcome aboard!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 16, 2012 at 5:47 AM

Welcome to the group!  This is a great supportive group and you'll love the ladies here:)  Congrats on your weight loss and good luck!

Healthywahm
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Welcome!  Way to go on your weight loss!  That's Awesome!

Linda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)