Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WOW... not sure how to feel

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:37 AM
  • 9 Replies

Well I realized that my bf was on my phone last night and he was on myfitnesspal app and was snooping... he now knows what I weigh! I didn't want him to know bc it was such a shock to me when I finally made the decision to get on the scale and saw the number. I have been working so hard since the last week of sept and I have lost 28 lbs so far!! 

I just wanted him to see and appreciate the difference in me not know the actual number. But what's done is done and I am partially upset and in an odd way maybe a little bit relieved, I just wish he would have asked instead of just looking!

But at least I know he loves me and he does support me in his own way!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
2boysmommy867
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Congratulations on the weight loss!

Personally I would talk to him and ask him why he was snooping around.  Did he want to know more about myfitnesspal or was he curious about something that you were not willing to share.

SassyBrunette
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it was bc I haven't told him what I weigh.. He has lost a lot of weight too! ( thanks to my healthy cooking! Lol )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katherine696997
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Quoting 2boysmommy867:

Congratulations on the weight loss!

Personally I would talk to him and ask him why he was snooping around.  Did he want to know more about myfitnesspal or was he curious about something that you were not willing to share.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Congrats on the loss!

I guess I don't understand why it bothers you that he would know how much you weigh.. my husband knew my weight when I started out, just like I knew his weight and it never bugged either of us. We have no secrets. lol...but, I guess after 20 years it would be pretty hard to keep something like that from him.

Claire
" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss
Moderator- Adoptive Moms

reneawesley
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RMT1995
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I agree with mcginnisc - I wouldn't care about the part about him knowing your weight. Personally, I'd be more concerned that he was willing to go to those lengths to know something so unimportant to your relationship.

Good job on the loss!

Stefanie83
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:04 AM

that's weird that he was snooping! lol.  i was like that at first and didn't want my dh to know my weight but now that it's 60 lower, i don't mind!  lol.  :D

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:38 AM
I didn't want s/o to know either at first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyBrunette
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I guess it botheres me because I am so self concious and honestly I don't think I look like what I weigh... my current weight is 199. I started at 227. 

this is me about 2 to 3 weeks ago

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)