Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduction

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM
  • 10 Replies

My name is Virginia Gentry, I currently live in Richmond VA, and am a mother of 5. I have struggled with my weight for almost 10 years and hope that I can learn some tips and turn to the group for advice and support!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nlonnon
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!  This group is great!  do you have a plan in place?  That is the best way to get started!

ginyamomof5
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

really I am just trying to cut out pop and sweets, and trying to eat more fresh foods vegies and fruits etc. Just trying to eat healthy, I also started walking Monday been doing 2 miles a day. I am using the Noom ap on my phone its pretty helpful

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Welcome, Virginia! It sounds like you're on the right track!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group mama!  I live in Newport News, VA, so I'm not far from you:)  

Careeka22
by Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi I live in Richmond VA too! Actually my home is in Aylett in King William co. but I work right off Broad Street. I am eating healthy and doing curves and lost 10 lbs just last month. I have one 9 month old daughter and I would be happy to be weight loss buddies if you like! Sounds like you have the right idea and these ladies are WONDERFUL! Good luck!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Virginia! Welcome to the group!

Claire
" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss
Moderator- Adoptive Moms

ginyamomof5
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 3:15 PM

that would so great could definitely use and buddy :) .  I am not currently working (looking). I just moved to Richmond in August and always interested in making ne w friends!

Quoting Careeka22:

Hi I live in Richmond VA too! Actually my home is in Aylett in King William co. but I work right off Broad Street. I am eating healthy and doing curves and lost 10 lbs just last month. I have one 9 month old daughter and I would be happy to be weight loss buddies if you like! Sounds like you have the right idea and these ladies are WONDERFUL! Good luck!

Careeka22
by Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Quoting ginyamomof5:

that would so great could definitely use and buddy :) .  I am not currently working (looking). I just moved to Richmond in August and always interested in making ne w friends!

Quoting Careeka22:

Well I work for Suntrust Mortgage and we are hiring in our team for temps, let me know if you are interested and I can give you the temp agencies.  What part of Richmond are you in?

meishag
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome!!
ginyamomof5
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Quoting Careeka22:

Quoting ginyamomof5:

Quoting Careeka22:

Well I work for Suntrust Mortgage and we are hiring in our team for temps, let me know if you are interested and I can give you the temp agencies.  What part of Richmond are you in?

I live by Chippenham Hospital, that would be great I just haven't had any luck so frustrated. I will except any help I can get Thank you!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)