• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like poo! *really long*

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM
  • 20 Replies

I have a confession to make.

Last week was really hard for me. I just broke down. The stress of everything that has been going on hit me all at once. As soon as I put my boys to bed I would start crying. I cried for hours every night. I tried to stop and focus on other things but I couldn't control it. The tears just kept coming. :(

I ended up giving in to the stress and I ate way too much! Some days I gorged on healthy food. Other days, I would eat healthy during the day and then I would eat pizza or a burger and fries for dinner. I made healthy cookies because I wanted a treat but I ended up eating 12 in one sitting! I felt so awful and my stomach was so swollen I looked like I was 8 months pregnant. It was in so much pain from the food and so exhausted that I couldn't exercise.

I felt so sick and so guilty and I knew that I couldn't continue. After a solid 6 days of crying and stress eating I finally woke up. Last Saturday I decided that I was done feeling sorry for myself and I was going to get up out of the hole I had put myself in!

Then I had to deal with the aftermath. I found the courage to step on the scale on Sunday and I was up to 151! I had gained 9 pounds in 6 days! My stomach was hurting so badly from the junk food and everything I ate made my stomach swell up again. I decided to cut out grains, soy, corn, animal products, coffee and oils for a few days or until the swelling and headaches go away. 

I am on day three and I feel like crap! I haven't been able to give up coffee yet. I am slowly weaning myself off. I was drinking around 24oz a day and now I am down to 8oz. It is so much harder than I thought it was going to be. I am mostly drinking homemade vegetable and fruit juices and green smoothies. I am also eating raw walnuts, almonds, beans, lentils and a small amount of cooked vegetables(I am consuming around 1450 calories a day). The fruits and veggies are making me feel really good but the caffeine withdrawal is killing me! I am trying so hard not to give in and drink more. 

On the plus side, I am already down 6 pounds. Only 3lbs left to go until I get back to where I was before my food binge week. The hardest thing for me is that I can't really exercise right now. My stomach is a lot better but it is still a bit swollen and I just don't have the energy to do a whole lot. I have been walking and cleaning but I haven't been able to do my normal workouts.

I have definitely learned my lesson. I will not repeat the same mistake again. It was a miserable week and I'm glad it's over. I am looking forward to next week. I can't wait to start exercising again!   

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Hugs. Stress is my biggest downfall too.
Good for you for getting right back on the horse.
I was only drinking one can of pop a day and when I quit it. It took two weeks of massive headaches. Do it slowly.
Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tarotknits
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Water water water water. After a binge you have to drink water to flush out the salts. It will really pick you up again. Cut off the coffee, drink at least 64 ozs of water a day and it will get rid of those three pounds. Drink as much water as you can, you can never have enough water. I won't let myself drink anything else till I've had my 64 ozs a day. If you can get 80ozs a day down you are doing even better. 

Don't beat yourself up either, everyone has had a binge. I've done bad myself over the past 2 weeks but I'm trying to get back on track now. Food can be an addiction like any other and unfortunately its just as hard to kick because a junkie can stop seeing their using friends, get away from the situations that are dangerous but we all have to eat. Hang in there, make good choices. You can do it!

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Thank you! Stress kills me and I have a heck of a lot if it right now! I was hoping the headaches would only last a day or two. I went to bed with a headache last night and woke up with one today. :/ I can't decide if I want to give it up completely or just limit to 6-8oz a day. I love my coffee!

Quoting jendawn1:

Hugs. Stress is my biggest downfall too.

Good for you for getting right back on the horse.

I was only drinking one can of pop a day and when I quit it. It took two weeks of massive headaches. Do it slowly.

Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Hugs Pilar!  Stress sucks all around.  I'm glad you "saw the light" and are back on track.  You have worked SO hard!  Hopefully, your headaches will get better over time.  Can you take some headache medicine until they stop?  I know when I stopped soda I had to take aspirin 2 times a day for about a week.

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Thank you! I know that I am a food addict. I have been for most of my life. I used to comfort eat every day. That's how I got up to 258 pounds. I have been eating healthy for 19 months now and just when I feel like I am getting past my food issues they pop right back up! It is a daily battle.

I always drink a ton of water. I carry around a 24oz water bottle and I am constantly refilling it. I don't drink anything besides water and unsweetened black coffee. I consider the vegetable juices and green smoothies to be meals and I drink water with them.

Quoting Tarotknits:

Water water water water. After a binge you have to drink water to flush out the salts. It will really pick you up again. Cut off the coffee, drink at least 64 ozs of water a day and it will get rid of those three pounds. Drink as much water as you can, you can never have enough water. I won't let myself drink anything else till I've had my 64 ozs a day. If you can get 80ozs a day down you are doing even better. 

Don't beat yourself up either, everyone has had a binge. I've done bad myself over the past 2 weeks but I'm trying to get back on track now. Food can be an addiction like any other and unfortunately its just as hard to kick because a junkie can stop seeing their using friends, get away from the situations that are dangerous but we all have to eat. Hang in there, make good choices. You can do it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Thank you! I have been trying to tough it out because I'm not big on taking meds. I might give in and take some pain killers today because it is getting pretty bad now.

Quoting nlonnon:

Hugs Pilar!  Stress sucks all around.  I'm glad you "saw the light" and are back on track.  You have worked SO hard!  Hopefully, your headaches will get better over time.  Can you take some headache medicine until they stop?  I know when I stopped soda I had to take aspirin 2 times a day for about a week.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM
I'm glad you're doing better. It's hard when stress gets to be too much!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Thank you! It is really hard. 

I am really embarrassed because I feel like I shouldn't be making any mistakes anymore. I have been living a healthy lifestyle for 19 months now. I should have it together but this is the most stress I have been under in years. It is a lot harder to deal with than I thought it would be. 

My biggest fear since I started losing weight is that something stressful would happen and I would slip back into my old patterns.That's exactly what I did last week. I just hope that I never let it happen again. I allow myself to have treats every once in a while but last week was just horrible and it scared me so much. :( 

Quoting Stefanie83:

I'm glad you're doing better. It's hard when stress gets to be too much!

♥Pilar

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM

We all make mistakes mama, and just remember that you are only human!  You aren't perfect as none of us are!  One week doesn't change who you are, the person you are, and how you've changed over the last two years.  

Hugs to you mama, and I hope you feel better soon!

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for your kind words, Darby! I really needed to hear(read) that! 

Quoting darbyakeep45:

We all make mistakes mama, and just remember that you are only human!  You aren't perfect as none of us are!  One week doesn't change who you are, the person you are, and how you've changed over the last two years.  

Hugs to you mama, and I hope you feel better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)