Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

21 Day No Junk Food Challenge?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM
  • 27 Replies

So I found this on FB that was posted by one of my friends.  I really like the idea and think I might give it a try!  What do you guys think?  Anyone else wanna give it a go?  It's only for 21 days, but I know I will struggle! :)

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceemuhreeashbee
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM
No nutella? Blasphemy.

But really? Do-able. When I first read your title I was thinking 'crap, junk food can be such a broad term..'. Like tonight I'm working an event that happens to be in a bar.. bar food! haha But simply cutting out chips, cookies, candy, etc? Not too hard :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haydsmom2007
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I would if peanut butter wasn't on the list...
loomis9
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I think I might try this.  I will have to start tomorrow since I already had some of the stuff today.

RMT1995
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I could do it ... do I want to is a whole other story! :) I love ice cream, but sometimes I throw a sugar/fat free pudding mix in the ice cream maker and that's a good substitute.

I've already gone quite a while without fast food (Xmas Day was the last time!) For someone who used to get it weekly, I feel very proud of myself.

"Chips" is pretty broad too ... does that include whole grain tortilla chips, or just the fried/fatty regular chips?

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:37 PM
2 moms liked this
There is no way I'm doing this one. There is nothing wrong with peanut butter.
It is full of protein.
I have cut pop out of my diet and I do everything else is moderation. And I can't live without chocolate. Lol.
Gl though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chosen_of_god
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:39 PM
I haven't been eating any of those things... I did have some ice cream last weekend though lol! Also after I work out I eat protein brownies... they are brownies made from like protein powder, you know the kind you use to make shakes... which I will continue to eat to help rebuild my muscles. But, I gave up that stuff cause it's just not worth the calories it will cost me...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chosen_of_god
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:40 PM
I agree... trying to limit everything just makes you feel like you're on a diet... diets fail 90% of the time. Nothing wrong with eating these things sometimes in moderation....

Quoting jendawn1:

There is no way I'm doing this one. There is nothing wrong with peanut butter.

It is full of protein.

I have cut pop out of my diet and I do everything else is moderation. And I can't live without chocolate. Lol.

Gl though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:43 PM
I can't live without my nutella!! Lol! I don't eat it often, but I do eat it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvhubandbabys
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I wanna do this. My only guilty pleasure is my choc chip granola bars that i have at snack time but I can replace it with yogurt or something. I will start tomorrow on the 9th.

luvhubandbabys
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:54 PM

the only things on this list I do eat is chocolate and cookies. Shouldnt be too hard. I really need to work on eating fruits anyways. We stopped fast food a while ago.and I havent eaten white bread since I was a kid. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)