Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question, might be awkward but we are all mommas right?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am late for my period this month. I am usually off by a day or two but I was expecting it the end of January or around the very beginning of February like the 1st maybe the 2nd. Still nothing! I am not sexually active and have not been since August.. (no wonder I can be such a cranky butt lol) so I am not pregnant or anything.

Can working out delay your period?

Even during extreme diets (A stupid thing of the past I promise) and TONS of stress I always get my monthly friend.

It just sort of bugs me I guess. I have horrible PMS but no period. I dread it and get through it and am happy when its over. I just want it to come and go haha.

Sorry for the rant was just hoping to find some sort of answer?

Thanks Mommas sorry if this was TMI!

-Brittney

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
haydsmom2007
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:03 PM
I don't get a period most months but I'm on birth control. Here's a bump.
chosen_of_god
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:05 PM
I skip mine every now and then.... have skipped two in the past four months. Kinda weird. Def not preggers. Stress, etc can affect it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Changing of your diet or exercise routine can affect TOM.

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Just recently my periods have become off. Mine come like clockwork! But back in November my period was 2 weeks late!! That FREAKED me out. I took atleast 10 HPT's and nothing. So I made an appointment with my doctor. She tested my thyroid and hemoglobin. She told me that signs of a thyroid problem are about the same as the begining of a pregnancy. So she did 2 tests, one came back normal, but the other was a little off. So I have to go back in 6 months to test again. However my iron was very low! She also said that my period could be off because of a hormonal inbalance or something like that. If you don't get it soon you should call your doctor just to be safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:10 PM

LOTS of factors can affect your cycle...exercise, diet, and stress are big ones mama!

chassity
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM

In a sudden change in exercise and stress and diet, your flow will definitely change!  I used to be in the Air Force and from the crazy stress and sudden extreme exercise regimen, many of us girls were late by even 2-3 weeks!  The instructors even warned of this and told us that it was normal!  You can always go to your doc of course if it's more than 3 weeks late or doesn't come, but it may be normal! :)

Sweetlemonlove
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Thanks everyone!! I hope it comes soon. :) as weird as that sounds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Sweetlemonlove:

Thanks everyone!! I hope it comes soon. :) as weird as that sounds.

As much as we all complain about AF, there is a certain amount of reassurance when she comes that everything is going okay!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Monsita
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 7:21 AM

hugsDo not worrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy your health is not in question....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)