Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I have this sweet tooth...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM
  • 10 Replies

Like its really bad...I could say I'll have just a 70 cal pack of a fun size candy bar and before i know it I have eaten the entire 6 pack :/. Ice cream oh gosh don't get me started on ice cream if i eat it just once I crave it for like 6 months its insane. Why can't I shake it. I have given up regular sugar completely except for the candy. Even when I do ice cream its fro yo a nightmare! I'm almost positive if i could throw out the candy/cookies/sweet treats i could lose weight a bit faster but the cravings are NUTS! I can't go like two days without anything sweet or I'll pull my hair out. How do I kick the cravings? How do you kick the cravings?

"Uphold my steps in your paths,that my footsteps may not slip." Psalms 17:5

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaKarrot
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I just replace my cravings with better behavior, or less of it (which is SO freaking hard sometimes).  

Last night we went out to have frozen yogurt, though.  It's better, lol.  Switch over to that for now? 

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:34 PM
I just do healthy alternatives too and I make sure I don't eat the treat when I'm hungry or I eat a lot more of it.
nikki32230
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Im the same way if I don't have sweets for two days I lose my mind and I think you should have a little something sweet every day. I am currently down 15lbs! The trick is, when you want something sweet eat something small (a piece of chocolate or half a cookie) eat it slowly and savor the taste. You will not only enjoy it more overall but you won't feel like you need to eat so much of it.... Works for me, just something to try. Think about what you are eating don't just scarf it down. I apply this to everything even dinner. I try not to go back for seconds and I eat really slow and enjoy it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of2_n_twins
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I love frozen yogurt I would rather that than ice cream but still lol

Quoting MamaKarrot:

I just replace my cravings with better behavior, or less of it (which is SO freaking hard sometimes).  

Last night we went out to have frozen yogurt, though.  It's better, lol.  Switch over to that for now? 

mom_of2_n_twins
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Eating slow is hard for me. I have 4 kids two in which are twins and I generally scarf food down b/c I don't like to eat after 7pm and I have to hurry with baths and everything. I guess I need to reschedule my priorities....

Quoting nikki32230:

Im the same way if I don't have sweets for two days I lose my mind and I think you should have a little something sweet every day. I am currently down 15lbs! The trick is, when you want something sweet eat something small (a piece of chocolate or half a cookie) eat it slowly and savor the taste. You will not only enjoy it more overall but you won't feel like you need to eat so much of it.... Works for me, just something to try. Think about what you are eating don't just scarf it down. I apply this to everything even dinner. I try not to go back for seconds and I eat really slow and enjoy it.

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:42 PM
I don't deprive myself. I have it and make sure it fits into my cals. I also make sure its portioned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:47 AM

Don't deprive yourself mama...have something small and let that be it.  You have to demonstrate self control...it's hard, but you can do it!

etsmom
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:53 AM

Sugar is a very hard thing to cut out.  Try making a fruit smoothie when you are wanting something sweet.  Blend in something like spinach when you are making it and even though it looks like lawn mower clippings, it will still be sweet.  After you get used to that, try using less fruit and more greens.  I have been doing that and it really helps with the ice cream cravings if I add some ice to it when blending.  Also, cucumber, carrot and spinach juice juiced together tastes a little like chocolate milk.  Ice it up a bit and it is pretty good. 

mom_of2_n_twins
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Yeah I make green smoothies a lot I like them but forget to buy more stuff from time to time. I need to get back to that lol. 

Quoting etsmom:

Sugar is a very hard thing to cut out.  Try making a fruit smoothie when you are wanting something sweet.  Blend in something like spinach when you are making it and even though it looks like lawn mower clippings, it will still be sweet.  After you get used to that, try using less fruit and more greens.  I have been doing that and it really helps with the ice cream cravings if I add some ice to it when blending.  Also, cucumber, carrot and spinach juice juiced together tastes a little like chocolate milk.  Ice it up a bit and it is pretty good. 

mom_of2_n_twins
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Self control is def something I lack when it comes to sweets....guess I need to get a better grip on it. I used to be the same with fried foods and now I would rather all my stuff baked/grilled :) so if I can kick the deep fried habit and live in the south Im sure I can kick the sugar habit...just need to opt for sugar free stuff and moderate myself until I no longer have a desire for it.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Don't deprive yourself mama...have something small and let that be it.  You have to demonstrate self control...it's hard, but you can do it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)