Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel sabotaged

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM
  • 17 Replies
Im trying to eat a little healthier. My husband and son don't, so it's harder to make separate meals, and the husband will say "why not just eat with us?" and then I feel kinda guilty

I know it's a common excuse, but it's holding me back at this point. I'm guessing I'm not the only one in the group with this issue
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Have you talked to him about it?

My DF used to do this to me and it made me feel terrible. If I told him no I felt bad and if I gave in I resented him like crazy. I finally had to sit down with him and explain how much it was bothering me. He didn't realize that he was sabotaging me until I brought it to his attention. He quit doing it after our talk and he became much more supportive.

Good luck! I hope you can figure it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Idntreallycare
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:26 PM
He knows, he just doesn't want to eat healthier
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM
That's tough!

My DF didn't want to eat healthy either. He is just now starting to want healthy food after 19 months! I won't buy or make unhealthy food so he has learned to deal with it. I don't stop him from eating unhealthy food but if he wants it he has to buy it or make it. I have asked him to keep his snacks at work though. I don't want the temptation.

Quoting Idntreallycare:

He knows, he just doesn't want to eat healthier
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2boysmommy867
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I am so sorry you are in this situation.  If you cook .... then why not cook what is healthier and if they do not want to eat it them fine but they need to cook their own meals.

or you can plan to eat really well during the day and then make food that is a little less healthy for dinner.

Best of luck!

Peggy

MlkandCookies
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:32 PM

If you cook, he gets to eat whatever you are eating. I would absolutely not make him a separate meal.

Jay9xoxo
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:35 PM
I have the same problem. My BF is super skinny and can pretty much eat w/e he wants and not gain a pound. And my kids can eat whatever they want.So what I do is make myself almost the same food as them, only healthier.

For example, tonight- I made chicken cutlets, yellow rice and a zucchini stir fry with onions for them. I took some chicken for myself, put a little garlic on it and put it in the oven instead of frying them. Then I made brown rice for myself and I steamed zucchini for myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM
I have to often make different sides I refuse to make a seperate main dish. Once I explained to my Dh why I needed to he took it better. We always still eat at the same time but with just different things. I hope it gets better for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM
This is what I do know too. And ill make meals on the lighter side. Like muffin LEAN meatloaf, lasagna with blended veggies in the sauce. And portioned size everything.
Its possible you just need to work around it.
I even have kd ww and I add frozen veggies to mine. Gl

Quoting nlonnon:

I have to often make different sides I refuse to make a seperate main dish. Once I explained to my Dh why I needed to he took it better. We always still eat at the same time but with just different things. I hope it gets better for you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haydsmom2007
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:46 PM

It's tough, for sure. I don't live with my SO yet so I don't hve to deal with it for now but when we do move in together it's going to be hard. I'm just going to tell him not to cook for me. He can cook meals for himself and for Hayden but when he does I'll just make my own dinner. He pays no attention to health whatsoever... he puts the most fattening ingredients in his food... 

candice0521
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:38 AM

DONT GIVE IN! I am having the same issue but I refuse to eat the junk my dh eats, as for the kids I made a sandwhich and cottage cheese, and cut up an apple for them, and have them drink water with the flavor drops in it (MIO), (they are 2 and 4) they love it and I had green beans and grilled chicken breast, he ate fast food, it sucks that he wont try to eat heathier but I am still working on him :) JUST NEVER GIVE UP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)