• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trying to lose the fat...help me .... I need the advice

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM
  • 7 Replies

I drink my 8 cups of water a day and diet tea. I'm a baker and a chef and i have to taste every time i cook, and when i bake i eat like 5 cookies I know right (FAT). don't get me wrong i love my body i love how my man love my body and how he rub on me. but i feel like itS time to lose these pounds i have a one year and ever since i been gaining weight. i lost a lot of of weight when he was a few months then i just started eating and watching my cal intake. my man is a junk food eater and its hard to no to my fav bag of chips,but I'm getting better at. i just brought this treadmill and its still in the box. i cant work out cause my son is going to be in the way and i don't wanna be looked at as my FAT is moving side to side nor by my man or mother see my man got ad off so he's at home all day looking for jobs and my mom is home on disability so i am waiting on every on and i don't have no time to my self. so i am on this diet the 3 day and to day is the first day and to day all i did was   few chips and nut and some other stuff so its hard to watch what you eat and this diet is boring...do any one no what i can do...i wont to buy the AB twister cause i feel like it cant hurt my son and i can do it in the living room but ether way it i also wont to buy the 10 min trainer but i still wont the advice....I CANT WORK IN FRONT OF KNOW ONE.....I AM DOING THIS FOR ME.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
2boysmommy867
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Hi Mama!

I can feel that you want to change and are feeling a little overwhelmed!  I start with small changes that I can keep .... so add an extra piece of fruit or veggies.  I get that you need to try the food you are cooking .... however, a bite is different than 5 cookies.

I know for me digging deep inside me to figure out my why has been key!  I also recommend reading "the Slight Edge" by Jeff Olson .... it is a great book that talks about how little things over time can add up.

If everyone is home and youw ant to workout .... have a chat with them .... tell them you need X amount of time of a certain room every day for you.  I am sure if you put it out there and let them know how important it is to you they will support you on your journey!

Peggy

nlonnon
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Have you watched the show Fat Chef? The people on there remind me.of your situation. They are trying to lose weight, have to cook and sample ect. The ones that have lost weight are wedding exercise to their kitchens. Either walking more, doing adaptive exercises and such. Diet is 80% of the battle. The rest is exercise. Track your calories, even all the stuff you taste just to see what a day looks like. If you consumed 2000 then try and drop that and maybe each week drop until you arr within your bmr range. As for exercise kick everyone out of the living room for 30 minutes! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlm2676
by Jen on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:07 PM
I completely know how you feel. I am about to finish culinary school and start pastry, but have been working as a cook. Anyway, what I try to do is just take tastes and track what I have been eating. I also try to make healthy choices when eating breakfast, lunch and dinner.
For excersise try parking further from the door so you have to walk further.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ihereainti
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I am not a chef but I cook 3 meals a day... And I am from the south and love southern food... And was taught to cook it, in large quantities lol...
I have an issue with throwing out food so I feel I have to eat leftovers:/

I am slowly replacing my favorite things to cook with healthier versions and squeezing in a squat here and there when I can:)
Small steps... You'll get there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:53 AM
1 mom liked this

First of all, you CAN do this!  You need to look at this as a lifestyle change and NOT a diet!  I hate that word to be honest:)

Your diet needs to consist of veggies, fruit, whole grains, and lean protein, and very little processed food.  You need to drink half your body weight in ounces of water each day...this is important!

Get out that treadmill and start walking/jogging mama!  Put it where you are comfortable and start using it!  You said that your husband loves your body so why are you uncomfortable exercising in front of him?  You may need to get up early in the morning or workout in the evening...you have to make time for it if you want to lose weight.  Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise, so you can do this mama!

Good luck!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Darby is right. You CAN do this! STOP using your career as an excuse- BTDT! I was a Chef AND a Pastry Chef before I had kids. Then, I had my own catering business and then a cake business. YOU have to make the decision to not eat everything on that line. Yes, you have to "taste" things...however, you don't have to eat an entire cookie, or even an entire piece of whatever it is you are preparing on the line. It is entirely possible to create dishes and not consume thousands of calories while in the kitchen. I promise. I've done it.

Using your child as an excuse not to use the treadmill is ridiculous. Your child can trip and hurt themselves. I've had a treadmill for years- before the kids came along. My girls have never gotten hurt on it- even as babies. They are 6 and 3.5 and we've never had an issue. Stop making excuses and do it.

I know I sound harsh, but YOU have to make that decision to stop making excuses and become healthy for yourself and your family.

Focus on eating lean proteins, fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains and low fat dairy. Take your weight and divide by 2- this is how many oz of water you should drink daily.

You CAN do this!!!! Believe in yourself that you can do this and that you are worth being healthy and happy!

Claire
" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss
Moderator- Adoptive Moms

Monsita
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 7:16 AM

group hugYou have our help right here! you can do this!   I have a 15 months old and YOU ARE RIGHT he can not see me in the walking machine HE WANTS TO GET ON IT

And it is very scary to see him walking to it.....I have to stop every time he is curious to get near me or in the machine. He has no clue he can get hurt!  I know what are you talking about it. 

For me, what works is to place him in his feeding chair, ONCE SECURE THERE/ I CAN USE THE TREADMILL MACHINE AND HE CAN ENJOY A SNACK FOR 20/30 MINUTES...

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)