Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Can't Deal!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:20 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am so annoyed with DH!! It seems that we have been having the same issue for YEARS! I started dieting and trying to eat better in the last week or so and I feel that he could care less about being supportive. He actually called me today and asked me to bring him Chick Fil A but the wait was too long so he told me to just swing by McDonald's. The reason it was so annoying to me was because I was at home making dinner for me and the little ones. But he just doesn't see things the way that I do. And he just called me and asked what I was making him for dinner...UGHH!!! I reminded him that he just had 2 burgers, 2 apple pies, an order of fries and a large sweet tea at  7:00 pm!! All he could say is "that wasn't dinner". *SMH* I have no idea what to do to stay on track with healthy eating and weight loss. And the fact that I've had a horrible headache for the past 2 weeks is definitely not helping. Any advice on how to deal with this challenge is appreciated!!

frustrated

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom_of2_n_twins
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Just gotta keep at it. It's hard since hes such an enabler but if you want this bad enough no matter how uncooperative hes being you will be able to say "hey I'm doing this for me! For my kids! If you aren't willing to change the way you eat fix your own dinner" lol.

MrsMWF
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Just remember that his choices don't have to be your choices. Keep your goals in mind!

meishag
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Thanls ladies!!!

Shy_Dia
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:32 PM

totally agree! HIS choices dont have to be yours! if he wants food at work, bring him what you have at home. if he doesnt want it/like it- he doesnt have to eat it, but again- thats his choice. and he can easily chose to grab fast food.

did you drink soda- have you stopped? when i was addicted to Mt Dew- whenever i didnt have it, i'd get a banging migraine-- part of my "withdraw" basically. it was TORTURE though- and it lasted for a while too. =( i hope you feel better soon!

meishag
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I know. I think that it's just going to take some time to get used to doing things a different way.

I haven't been a big soda drinker for about 7 years. I will have one occasionally but for the most part I drink lots of water and juice. 

reneawesley
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Husbands suck sometimes. You just have to be stronger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Its very hard. make sure you have healthy options. A year ago the only veggies I chould get my s/o to eat was corn. Now he is eating more fruits and veggies. He wiLl eat whole grains. And he atleast has a glass a water a day. He isn't prefect(still eats the cr*p) but he is make small changes. Just do it for you and he will catch up :) HUGS
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:46 AM

Stay strong mama!  I'm sorry!

meishag
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Thanks ladies. You guys are AWESOME!!
nlonnon
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Quoting reneawesley:

Husbands suck sometimes. You just have to be stronger.

Yep!!  Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)