Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bittersweet victory!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:12 PM
  • 10 Replies
On Monday, I lost a friend. He is the third in under 2 years :'( Today was the visitation...emotionally it really took a toll on me. I came home and all I wanted to do was to attack the 500 calories worth of cake in my fridge.

But I didn't. The old me would have had that cake shoved down her throat before she even knew what she'd done. The new me didn't want to blow my calories for the day and opted for a small snack of a homemade black bean burger left over from dinner and some water.

It feels like a hollow victory because of the circumstances surrounding it, but it's an absolutely ginormous step for me because it shows me that I can mentally overcome the urge to drown my sorrows in sweets. (I should add that I actually was hungry...my stomach was growling, so I wasn't just eating to eat...crying takes a lot out of you.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
reneawesley
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry for your loss but great job not eating the cake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Thank you. I feel bad celebrating my restraint but it's such a huge step for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry for you loss. I have noticed to its getting easier and easier to not stress eat. WTG!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candice0521
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this

SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS! but great job on not giving in to the urge :)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:37 AM
1 mom liked this

You're right mama...crying takes a lot out of you!  You did wonderful by not eating that cake!  I'm SO proud of you!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:37 AM

Don't feel bad...you have every right to celebrate!

Quoting beadingmom17:

Thank you. I feel bad celebrating my restraint but it's such a huge step for me.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:14 AM
Thank you, mommas.

And I am very proud! To so many people, it's nothing. But for me...for YEARS I have comforted myself with food. Stress eating, emotional eating, celebrating...you name it. I don't think people realize how hard it is to break that habit! But I did it :) I think I may have finally learned how to just say no!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustMomto4
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry for you loss.. You should be proud of yourself with your will power!  Good job momma!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so very sorry for your loss. Saying no to that tempation IS huge, so you can celebrate that victory and still mourn your friend.

Claire
" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss
Moderator- Adoptive Moms

nlonnon
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs, momma, sorry for your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)