Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I need the advice.... its in big font so you can read it

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM
  • 18 Replies

i will start my weight lost goal this Monday yay..BUT i need the help..can you give me that...

I am 225 pounds i know right....i wont to get about 190 or 195..i will dink 12 cups of water thought out the day

9:00AM- I will start eating a boiled egg in the morning or my slim fast protein milk shake...i got it in chocolate cause i get my chocolate fix out the way

11:00-for my morning snack i will eat some nuts or trail mix or gram crackers whole wheat , or a slice of cheese and 5 crackers or dried fruit

Im in school most of the morning then i have a evening class at 1:00pm

12:00PM-I will start walking my son to the park that's 3 or 4 blocks..i can do this right..

1:30pm- Then for lunch i will have a BLT(on whole grain wheat bread) or grilled cheese or my slim fast mix or a salad or 1/2 cup salmon salad( light mayo, 2 eggs on whole wheat bread or rolled in salad or eaten with 5 crackers.)

2:00pm- I will walk my son to the park again

3:00pm- Then my evening snack will be a egg, cheese and crackers or wheat grams or wheat thins hope they are good..

4:00 or 5:00pm the dinners  will be hot wings with salad on the side one day . then the next day dinner will be  homemade chicken alfredo with green beans, then the next day dinner will be beer batter fish with beer batter onion rings. i no a lot of oil but i love my onion rings.the next day diner will be  fried chicken fingers with homemade cheese sticks and a veg or fruit.the the next day diner will be lasagna with salad. then the next day dinner will be hamburgers and fries and salad (but i will only eat one with 1/4 and 1/2 cup of bake fries.) the next day dinner will be coney's and chips with cheese with celery and carrots with light dressing. (These are all the dinners for the week.) Monday-Sunday then something new next week.

thew out the day i will drink my 12 cups of water i will also drink diet soda and tea with honey but i will not drink cooled or soda just diet soda and tea. i might drink 1/4 cup of coffee with 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp creamer. i will also count my Cal's as well so i will need to buy a notebook right..

i will also eat carrots and celery with salad dressing

tell me what you think leave a comment and what else i should

keep it real with me dont hold nothing back

by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweetlemonlove
by Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Are you counting calories??? That is the best way. :) gl!!! You might want to revamp your dinners with the fried foods and make then healthier? That's ny only thing. Also work out dvds are awesome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweetlemonlove
by Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Also I don't know how healthy slim fast is??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I would eat something instead of drinking slimfast. Plus rethink your dinners. Make them healthier. Bake chicken fingers instead of fry. Use turkey for your burgers and in your lasagna. Make your hot wings skinless. Find a recipe for baked onion rings and fish. Also add more fruits and veggies. Have you found out your bmr? I would suggest counting calories. It's going to help. Make sure you're drink half your weight in oz of water.
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh. So much to say, but I am mobile at the moment...bump for when I am home and on my laptop....get ready cuz' you will not like what I have to say..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM
I don't see any fruits or vegtables. You need them.
If your going to be having thoughs heavy meals for dinners. You may want to look into what your BMR is and start counting calories.
As for the water. The best results is take you body and divide it by 2 that's how many oz you need to be drinking.

Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Yeah try not to depend on it. Its full of cemicails and is NOt healthy.

Quoting Sweetlemonlove:

Also I don't know how healthy slim fast is??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkysmommy720
by Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

First off you need more than just a boiled egg for breakfast.  You can still eat an egg, but you need to add a meat such as turkey bacon, beef sausage links or something of that sort.  Bowl of cereal would be good too. I will eat Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes, or Granola type cereal. Breakfast is the most important meal because it gets your metabolism going in the morning. If you want to use Slim Fast, I would save it for lunch, but IMO, it would be better to have a nurtritious lunch such as a chef salad or a half sandwich with soup.  For snacks I would try to stick to high protein and not graham crackers or other crackers.  I also use fresh fruit, string cheese, or fruit bars. As far as dinner, you have wayyyyy too much fried stuff going on.  Baking the fish, fries, etc would be better.  Try baked chicken also.  I would completely get rid of the diet soda. Just because it says diet, doesnt mean it is good for you. You are better off staying with water/tea/coffee

AiW
by Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:39 PM

A lot of your menu items can be revamped.  If you love onion rings, you can do baked.  Hungry Girl has a recipe for it, as do some other cookbooks.  As others mentioned, instead of fried chicken fingers, do baked or broiled chicken, minus the breading if possible.  Season with other spices or citrus juices.  In lieu of beer batter fish, bake with lemon pepper seasoning (no batter).  If you have to have breading, do a light panko or cornflake crumb breading, and spray with cooking spray and bake.  As for the chicken alfredo, traditional alfredo is super high in fat and calories.  Hungry Girl or Cooking LIght might have lightened versions.  You can have flavor, you just have to tweak the recipes.  As for salad dressings, most are high in fat and calories.  Measure or else you will be sabotaging yourself by unlimited salad dressing. 

Things to generally watch are how much oil, butter, or margerine you use (measure if possible, including on dressings and sauces).  In addition, while dairy is good for you, full fat dairy isn't, so watch the quantities on cheese, sour cream, and milk.  Dried or fresh herbs have no calories, and lemon, lime and orange juice are great flavor enhancers.  Try to increase the veggies and fruits per day as well.  Good luck!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Quoting whitney123454:

i will start my weight lost goal this Monday yay..BUT i need the help..can you give me that...

I am 225 pounds i know right....i wont to get about 190 or 195..i will dink 12 cups of water thought out the day- Try to drink 112.5 oz- that is how much you should drink daily.

9:00AM- I will start eating a boiled egg in the morning or my slim fast protein milk shake...i got it in chocolate cause i get my chocolate fix out the way- Ditch the Slim Fast. It is not healthy at all- do you really want to injest all of the chemicals and crap that are in the processed drinks? Can you live on those the rest of your life? Try eating an omelet loaded with veggies, or greek yogurt with fruit and cereal on top, english muffin with PB and fruit... you need a lot more than a hard boiled egg ( 70 cals) and a processed drink.

11:00-for my morning snack i will eat some nuts or trail mix or gram crackers whole wheat , or a slice of cheese and 5 crackers or dried fruit- Good snacks- watch the serving sizes! Trail mix can be very calorie laden and not healthy if it is loaded with chocolate chips and candy. Also, watch the dried fruit serving sizes...a better option would be a piece of whole fruit like an apple with PB or a banana or even veggies with hummus.

Im in school most of the morning then i have a evening class at 1:00pm

12:00PM-I will start walking my son to the park that's 3 or 4 blocks..i can do this right..

1:30pm- Then for lunch i will have a BLT(on whole grain wheat bread) or grilled cheese or my slim fast mix or a salad or 1/2 cup salmon salad( light mayo, 2 eggs on whole wheat bread or rolled in salad or eaten with 5 crackers.)- Again- ditch the Slim Fast!

2:00pm- I will walk my son to the park again

3:00pm- Then my evening snack will be a egg, cheese and crackers or wheat grams or wheat thins hope they are good..- Not bad.. I gave other options above!

4:00 or 5:00pm the dinners  will be hot wings with salad on the side one day . then the next day dinner will be  homemade chicken alfredo with green beans, then the next day dinner will be beer batter fish with beer batter onion rings. i no a lot of oil but i love my onion rings.the next day diner will be  fried chicken fingers with homemade cheese sticks and a veg or fruit.the the next day diner will be lasagna with salad. then the next day dinner will be hamburgers and fries and salad (but i will only eat one with 1/4 and 1/2 cup of bake fries.) the next day dinner will be coney's and chips with cheese with celery and carrots with light dressing. (These are all the dinners for the week.) Monday-Sunday then something new next week.

I am seriously about to pick on your meals- Hot wings- bake them, do not bread them or fry them...you need more veggies than just a salad.

Chicken Alfredo- you need to use whole wheat pasta, grilled chicken and ditch the alfredo complelety- add broccoli, mushrooms,and carrots to it and make a light sauce using lemon juice, olive oil and garlic with maybe some chicken stock.

Ditch the beer batterd fish and O-rings...seriously.. not healthy..at...all....Yeah, I love O-rings too, but you cannot eat fried foods and expect to be healthy or lose weight effectively or efficiently.

Again with the fried foods...sigh...- ditch the chicken fingers and cheese sticks!!! Bake the chicken fingers and don't make the cheese sticks  at all.. serve veggies and fruit instead.

Burger- make it turkey, bake some sweet potato fries and serve other veggies besides the salad.

Lasagna- put veggies in the sauce and in the layers. Cut the cheese in half and use reduced fat cheese.

I have no clue what Coney's is, but it sounds likd hot dogs...chips with cheese??

Look, your meals need serious revamping. I'm not going to lie to you. Your meals are loaded with fat, calories and sodium. There are 3 days of fried foods in a row!

thew out the day i will drink my 12 cups of water i will also drink diet soda and tea with honey but i will not drink cooled or soda just diet soda and tea. i might drink 1/4 cup of coffee with 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp creamer. i will also count my Cal's as well so i will need to buy a notebook right..If you want to count calories, please let me do your BMR for you so that you can do this right. I need your age, height, weight and how many days per week you plan on exercising. Also, check out these free calorie counting sites: www.myfitnesspal.com, www.sparkpeople.com, and www.livestrong.com.

Please let  me know if I can help you.

i will also eat carrots and celery with salad dressing

tell me what you think leave a comment and what else i should

keep it real with me dont hold nothing back

Claire
" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss
Moderator- Adoptive Moms

indymom72
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Listen to Claire, your meals are a train wreck waiting to happen.  You cannot eat like that and lose weight.  You need to eat clean, healthy foods.  Portion control..protein should be the size of your palm, veggies the size of your clenched fist. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)