Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kelly Ripa Gets Energy From This 'Drug'. What is your to go routine?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM
  • 5 Replies

Kelly Ripa Gets Energy From This 'Drug'

Posted by Emily Abbate

Am I lame because I have a major girl crush on Kelly Ripa? I just adore her energy, every time I turn on Live With Kelly she makes me laugh uncontrollably, and gee -- she's a total babe! Have you seen her arms?!

Ripa is on the March cover of Good Housekeeping, and I couldn't believe that a fit momma like herself used to get super exhausted doing things around the Kelly Ripahouse. Ripa reflected on her life before she started exercising:

"I remember when Joaquin [Ripa's son] was about 7 months old, I was carrying him up the stairs, and was completely winded when I got to the top ... My husband encouraged me and said, 'If you worked out, you'd feel so much better, and it would quiet your mind down.'"

Her hubba hubby had a good point. The mother of three says that she kicked off her new exercise routine with some easy cardio. The good news? It's something that you and I both can totally do, too!

Read on to see how Kelly got her energy back:

Ready for this? Walking! Hey, we can do that!

I started out three days a week, walking for a half hour on a treadmill. Then it was five days a week, and then I started jogging. It was like a drug. The gateway drug is the treadmill.

Ahhh, a woman after my own heart. She's so right, exercising is like a drug. I totally crave it. Kelly went into her new fit routine with the right attitude. Just because you're taking it easy compared to other lunkheads at the gym doesn't mean you're not taking a step in the right direction. Walking enabled Kelly to gradually ease into a fitness routine and slowly increase her stamina. 

As far as the treadmill being a gateway drug, amen sister! Like Ripa, I slowly eased into my new love for running by walking for a half hour on the treadmill, often on an incline, at the gym. Soon after I got used to my heart pumping harder, I began to seek out more fun activities, like various fitness classes.

For a person who's not into hitting the gym, the first step is getting there and proving to yourself that hey, this isn't so bad. The next step is figuring out what activity suits you that you enjoy. Like Ripa, there's no doubt in my mind that once you find something you like, you'll be super thankful you came out in the first place.

Are you a Kelly Ripa fan? What's your go-to exercise routine?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
haydsmom2007
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM
I wish I had a tredmill lol.

I don't really think much of Kelly ripa. I don't watch her show. But she is cute..
Stefanie83
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM
I thought you were going to say crack because I saw her on an snl spoof commercial and crack shampoo was her secret ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Yep... me too... except mine is running.

Claire
" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss
Moderator- Adoptive Moms

reneawesley
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:06 PM
I would like a treadmill but live my elliptical.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkib01
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I love Kelly! But I love the elliptical much more than the treadmill. If I'm doing any walking/jogging, I do it outside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)