Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you workout when your away?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:14 PM
  • 8 Replies
My family and I are going to visit family and while the kids stay the nights at they're grandparents hubby and I will be staying at a hotel. Well today I started thinking and worrying how I was going to work out since we will be there for 3 days. Thankfully I checked the hotel website and they have a fitness room with some machines. *phew* lol I never used to worry about missing workouts, funny how that has changed. So do you make time to workout if your away from home? How?
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:21 PM

We try to do so... if we are staying at my mom's or IL's house we can both go running or use the gym on premises ( for a small fee). We also go play golf, play pickleball, etc while there.  This coming weekend we are going on a cruise so I know we will both use the gym. I have a race in a few weeks so I need to run just to keep conditioned even though it is a very easy run for me.

Claire
" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss
Moderator- Adoptive Moms

2boysmommy867
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Yes I do make time to workout when I am away from home.  When it is DH and I alone then we use the fitness facilities or go for a run.  With the kiddos there is more planning involved but it keeps me sane and eating correctly :)

haydsmom2007
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I never go away lol!

nlonnon
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM
It really just depends for me. If it is vacation I don't make it a priority. If I am gone on business I will work out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:04 PM
I'm planning to during my work conference in April! The hotel has a gym. :). Last year for our conference, the gym cost extra :P. so I didn't use it.
For our family vacation, I didn't because I wanted to spend time with my husband after the kids went to sleep. I tried to go early in the morning but my son woke up at 5. Which is actually typical for him. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM
When we went away last summer for 4 days I didn't and I gained. So this summer ill be workouT. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I always run when we're away...as the only time we go anywhere is with my husband's parents and they always want to take Brady with them!  LOL!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:42 AM

I can run almost anywhere, and it's a great way to explore wherever we are!  I try to do active things if we're on a vacation- I hate spending the whole time laying around (not that I don't love laying around on the beach).  We don't have the funds to travel like we used to, but I enjoy myself more when I can run.  Other stuff I can do in some places, too, and I know how to work out in a hotel room, but running is probably the easiest thing.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)