Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Dump Shake Recipe :-)

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:26 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hey Ladies!! Get Excited & Stay Excited!!

I thought I'd share this shake I came up with the other day.  It's really good!! My daughter who is 8 years old and super finicky loved it too!!

I know some of you may not drink shakes... I didn't like them at first either, thought they were unnecessary... especially the ones from GNC, BodyBuilder.com and a few other places I got shake mix from... but this shake mix I have now seriously taste like cake mix and I think that is why my daughter loves them.  We have so many recipes to use and right now I am just playing around with it, lol.  For those of you who make shakes, just adjust the shake mix part to whatever it is that you use.  I am partially lactose intolerant... so I'm glad that my shake mix is Gluten Free and Lactose Free or I wouldn't be able to use it.  I call it the dump shake because I dumped everything I had at the time in it to see what happened and it tasted super good, lol...

The Dump Shake by Kantrese "Tresie" Smith

4oz Almond Milk,
4oz Orange Juice (pure squeezed),
2oz Simply Limeade,
2 scoops of Vi-Shape Shake Mix,
5 slices of Fresh Frozen Peaches,
1 cup of Wyman's Mixed Berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries),

Blend, Drink, and Enjoy!! Get Excited & Stay Excited!!

Blessings,
Tresie

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mom2ellasophia
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Yummy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymom629
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Interesting. But my first thought is that is way too much work for me. I'm too lazy lol.  It sounds like aLOT of calories.

linda1941
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Dr. Oz  says we need to drink v-8 juice...that orange juice has too many calories............i love v-8    but not sure it loves me, sometimes my acid reflux, repeats on me with it.....grand ma Linda

blessed2behome
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Hey Ladies!

Thanks for your responses.  This shake which equals 1 meal has 325 calories.

The orange juice I drink only is 110 calories per cup which is not bad for me.  I need more calorie intake anyway.  But I don't drink orange juice daily.  I get my Vitamin C from other sources.

In this shake I only used 4 oz of the OJ which would be 55 calories. 

The shake mix itself is only 90 calories.

So here is the break down of the calories in this shake:

30- Almond Milk
55- Orange Juice
30- Limeade
90- Vi-Shape Shake Mix
60- Peaches (and technically I used under the amount for this so the calories is off/ should be lower)
60- Mixed berries (and technically I used under the amount for this so the calories is off/ should be lower)

I just shared this to give other ideas on how they can make tasty shakes :-)

Blessings,
Tresie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)