Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HCG!!!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM
  • 11 Replies

So, i'm doing the HCG diet plan and H-O-L-Y CRAP!!! It's totally legit. Now, regarding the weight coming back... I'll have to update you on that in a month or so but fo far I've been on it for 8 days and lost 12# of real weight. Not water weight either, I've been drunking at least 2 liters of water a day. I don't know if you can google it but it's available at Max Nutrition health stores here in WA. The long and short of it is, you take these drops orally throughout the day that message your brain to eat off of your unhealthy fat stores instead of storing calories. It's way more complicated than that and when you get the product there is booklet that explains everything!!! So, if you are despretly trying to lose some stubborn pounds I highly recommend you looking into this.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM
5 moms liked this
I would rather eat within my calorie range, exercise and drink the right amount of water. I feel great and I'm loosing weight healthly. I'm not doing any quick fixes, pills , dangerous drops that harm my body. I love myself and I want to keep my organs healthy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DWells06
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:57 PM

According to the FDA website, there are no HCG products that are approved by the FDA. The last update, they urge to avoid OTC HCG diet as they are illegal. A friend of mine used it for a few months and lost over 40 lbs and is now maintaining it on her own. I'm still iffy about it.

wahmx3
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh no, you will not likely find a person losing weight the healthy way that will agree with you. You apparently have not done the research on the long term harmful effects to your organs including your heart, liver and brain. There is NOTHING healthy about using drops, potions or lotions to lose weight and keep it off. Sure, you will lose weight initially, you aren't eating enough and the weight will come off for a few days, but look out at what happens after that and look long term. By the way, to be healthy, we should be drinking half our weight in ounces of water, so your 2 liters is 8 glasses, I drink 8-9 glasses a day which is the right amount for my weight.

Be prepared.... you will get responses, many you will likely not like. Also, do a search, this topic comesup at least once a week with numerous responses each time.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM
3 moms liked this

banging head into wall

Nuff' said... I'm not saying anything else as you don't want to hear it..

Oh, what the heck....

HCG is one of the most dangerous fad diets out there. You are damaging your body by taking a hormone, you are NOT losing true weight by the way. You are burning lean muscle mass- NOT fat. Your body is in starvation mode and storing fat while burning lean muscle mass.

We teach by example. Is this what you want to teach your children about being healthy? Relying on a pill, hormone, etc to be healthy instead of a healthy whole foods diet and exercise? When we show our children that taking a pill or drop to lose weight is healthy, they don't learn anything about being healthy. This can lead them down a path to eating disorders and low self esteem.

Losing weight can be done in a healthy manner. Eat a healthy whole foods diet of lean proteins, whole grains, low fat dairy ( if you choose to do so) and tons of produce and of course half you weight in oz in water daily. Incorporate exercise and eat within the appropriate calorie range for your body and you will lose weight. I lost 57 lbs in 9 months by doing those things- no pills, no shots, no hormones, no meal replacements..just a whole foods diet and exercise coupled with lots of water.

Claire
" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss
Moderator- Adoptive Moms

reneawesley
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:29 PM
3 moms liked this
I think Claire covered it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haydsmom2007
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM
3 moms liked this

I have nothing positive to say about the HCG diet.... it's not healthy. You are basically starving yourself.

millermom07
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I love to eat.  Therefore, I will NOT do a diet that restricts my calories like this "diet" does.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd rather live a long and healthy life by eating right and exercising than doing something as dangerous as the HCG diet. The long term effects of eating 500 calories a day are devastating, and not worth the risks. People have DIED from doing this diet. Of course you're losing weight- you're starving yourself!!! Why do you think people say the weight comes back? Because it DOES when you start eating normally again with your newly slowed metabolism.
You really need to do some research for the sake of your health before you continue on this very dangerous journey.
I'm going to leave it at that for now.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Claire's right...that's about all there is to it!

Lesgerm
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:00 AM
This :)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Claire's right...that's about all there is to it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)