Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The worst feeling in the world!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM
  • 19 Replies

I'm just defeated. I'm not sure what to do from here. I'm 5 lbs away from my goal and i'm slacking. I've missed two days of insanity this week (not in a row) becaue life keeps getting in the way. These ARE NOT excuses either it's simply I can't. I have 6 month old twins all day and then when they finally go to sleep I have 3 tests this week so I've been hitting the books super hard. If i do insanity and then study I get sooo sleepy that i fall asleep in the middle of studying and if i do manage to stay awake i'm only getting 4-5 hours of sleep. i'm just frustrated. I've been going over on my calories umm...EVERY DAY. It's just frustrating. Usually I'm the movitvator. I'm the one asking people "how bad do you want it?" 

I can't ask for any more help from DH because he is working 50-60 hours a week (works nights) and is getting literally 4 hours of sleep on average. Life with twins is hard. No joke. 

It's simple you either do it or, you don't. I hate that I just don't feel it right now. I'm seeing abs ladies. abs. I've never seen those before. and i'm just qutting? what's wrong with meee?? I'm just grossed out with myself. 

Thanks for letting me have this dumb rant that really makes no sense at all. :)

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Big hugs, mama. We can't be on track and motivated every day, all the time! It's just not realistic! These times when life bombards us will happen. Just try to get through without stuffing your face (I wouldn't know anything about that...) and keep moving forward. You know what to do, just do the best you can for the moment. You've got this!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:13 AM
It sounds like you have your hands full. Is it possible to do half the workout study then do the other half? or a different workout for now ?? But focus more on your eating right now and staying healthy? Good luck momma!! And vent here anytime :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Hugs to you mama!  You will get through this...do the best you can and don't be so hard on yourself!

nlonnon
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:13 AM
Hugs momma! Sometimes you can only focus on so much, maybe work on your diet until you have time to exercise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:46 AM

It's okay!!! Seriously, if Insanity has to take a back seat for a few days or even a week, that is OK! You focus on what you HAVE to do right now. We ALL have to take breaks every now and then. Life gets busy and things happen that derail us for a day or two, the important thing is you know what to do and you can do it when life is not so insane.

Good luck on your tests!!!

Claire
" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss
Moderator- Adoptive Moms

MamaKarrot
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I'm right there with you.  I know I need to work out more, but some days it's either school work or exercise, and school work usually gets priority.  

Don't beat yourself up.  A few rest days from Insanity will be okay. :) You'll get back to it when you find time in your busy schedule, and that's what counts. *hugs*

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Hell, sweetie I know exactly how you feel. I've missed a whole week now of insanity. :^\ it's got me so bummed out that I'm not even seeing a reason to start again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of2_n_twins
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM

When do your twins nap? I have had mine on a schedule since they were 6 weeks old and they are 2 now. I have always fed one right after the other if not at the same time and nap time was the same time everyday 11am. During that time was when I did my workouts....now that they are older I just tell them go play and can workout whether they nap or not. But with me doing insanity with my SIL she gets home at the kids bedtime so I put all 4 of them down while DH reclines in his chair and then I ride my 4 wheeler to my SIL's to workout.

twinsies041
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:18 PM

My twins have been on a schedule since 6 weeks also but they don't nap anywhere near long enough for me to do insanity. They take 3 sometimes 4 naps a day but they are 30 minute naps. They sleep 12-13 hours at night so I guess I can't complain. I can't wait to tell them to go play lol

Quoting mom_of2_n_twins:

When do your twins nap? I have had mine on a schedule since they were 6 weeks old and they are 2 now. I have always fed one right after the other if not at the same time and nap time was the same time everyday 11am. During that time was when I did my workouts....now that they are older I just tell them go play and can workout whether they nap or not. But with me doing insanity with my SIL she gets home at the kids bedtime so I put all 4 of them down while DH reclines in his chair and then I ride my 4 wheeler to my SIL's to workout.

twinsies041
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:19 PM

How far were you into Insanity? I would probably start over after a week of misses. :(

Quoting mrssummerlin:

Hell, sweetie I know exactly how you feel. I've missed a whole week now of insanity. :^\ it's got me so bummed out that I'm not even seeing a reason to start again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)