Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Replies (31-40):
SterlingHeart
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM

this my own creation - and it passed the re-heat test LOL

Turkey Cabbage Patties

*made with 4 “Super Foods (help fight belly fat)

Ingredients

20 oz lean ground turkey*

2 cups finely chopped green cabbage*

1 cup finely chopped brown mushroom*

½ cup finely chopped onion

2 minced garlic cloves

½ cup Panko bread crumb

2 table spoons soy sauce

1 table spoon teriyaki sauce

Cracked black pepper

Cooking Oils

Safflower* or Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Sesame Oil

Pre-Heat oven to 400

Directions – Mix all ingredients completely and form into 10 patties. 

Heat up non stick skillet (medium/high heat) and add a dash of both oils and swirl around

Brown patties till they have a nice seared crust on both sides

Put in baking pan and continue to cook in oven for another 15 – 20 minutes

Serving size is 2 patties – calories 345 / or just one for the waist watchers crowd!! 

Serve with steamed veggies over long grain brown rice or on a whole wheat bun dressed with a creamy poppy seed dressing, lettuce & tomato and a side of sweet potato fries!!! 

Great for dieters to make up and have ready to go for lunches and as a substitution when the family is eating outside your healthy box!   Just microwave on medium for 1 minute or till warmed thru.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I get most of mine from sparkrecipes.com or cleaneatingmag.com.

A few tried and trues:

Sweet and sour chicken (don't overdo it on the cilantro)

Pizza dough (I use this, then top it with a little cheese, some pesto, and load it up with veggies!)

Tex Mex Calzones (my beef with this is the dough is a pain to work with, but use the above recipe, and put the filling into a pie plate, then top with the dough- much easier than trying to form calzones!)

Cheese enchiladas (even DH likes these; I often combine it with the below recipe)

Chicken enchiladas (love this one for leftover rotisserie chicken, but I can cube up and cook some chicken really quickly for this, too)

Beef stew (only had it once so far, but very good!)

Chicken pot pies (I make this as a casserole, and leave off the biscuits, because they're too raw.  Sometimes I'll make some on the side.)

Shepherd's pie (YUM!  I'm bad and I double the potatoes!)

Chili (I love crock pot meals!)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Made this tonight- delish!

Chili lime tilapia tacos with mango salsa

Ingredients:

Salsa:

2 mangoes, diced

2 TBSP finely diced red onion

1/4 chopped cilantro (more or less to taste)

Juice of half a lime

Tacos:

1 pk tilapia filets

2 TBSP coconut oil

chili powder (to taste)

1/4 c chopped cilantro (more or less to taste)

1/2 lime

Corn tortillas

Lettuce (I like Organic Girl Super Greens)

Combine salsa ingredients, stir and set aside.

Rinse and pat dry tilapia filets.  Sprinkle and rub with chili powder on both sides.  Heat a medium skillet over medium/high heat, and add coconut oil.  Allow oil to melt and heat, then add filets, thick side toward middle of skillet.  Cook each side until done, 3-5 minutes.  Fish should be flaky when cooked through.  Set fish in a bowl, and roughly chop with a spoon or spatula.  Add cilantro and squeeze lime to taste, stir.

Heat tortillas over flame or in skillet to soften, then set on plates.  Spoon fish filling into each, then lettuce, then mango salsa.  Serve immediately.

You can also serve just the fish (don't chop it up) as a main meat, then spoon the mango salsa over it.  Good with brown rice and green beans.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MissTacoBell
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Mom's baked veggies (it's my moms recipe)
2 Yellow squash
2 Zucchini squash
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
5-8 asparagus spears
1-2 tbsp olive oil
Any favorite seasoning

Cut them all up into strips/medallions/chunks, toss them with olive oil and your seasoning and put them on a cookie sheet.

Bake at 425 for 30 minutes.

It makes more than one batch. Sorry my directions suck; my mom just tells me to use my "instinct" psh lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kary1124
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:47 PM
this sounds amazing! im trying to get my family to eat more veggies and this just may be a great one! i introduced sweet potato fries which is big for me cuz ive never liked them but im sucked it up and ate them lol

Quoting MissTacoBell:

2 Yellow squash

2 Zucchini squash

1 green bell pepper

1 yellow bell pepper

1 red bell pepper

5-8 asparagus spears

1-2 tbsp olive oil

Any favorite seasoning

Cut them all up into strips/medallions/chunks, toss them with olive oil and your seasoning and put them on a cookie sheet.

It makes more than one batch. Sorry my directions suck; my mom just tells me to use my "instinct" psh lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:10 PM
I made it without the asparagus (it was friggin expensive) and it was awesome too!

Quoting kary1124:

this sounds amazing! im trying to get my family to eat more veggies and this just may be a great one! i introduced sweet potato fries which is big for me cuz ive never liked them but im sucked it up and ate them lol

Quoting MissTacoBell:

2 Yellow squash

2 Zucchini squash

1 green bell pepper

1 yellow bell pepper

1 red bell pepper

5-8 asparagus spears

1-2 tbsp olive oil

Any favorite seasoning

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kary1124
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:34 PM
yea id have to cut everything in half cuz theres only four of us 2 of which are 3 and 5 so its hard to get them to eat much and my df doesnt eat a lot of veggies, i seriously have to make chili or meatloaf to get him eat get a few servings of veggies a week.. me on the other hand would probably eat all of that without thinking twice lol

Quoting MissTacoBell:

I made it without the asparagus (it was friggin expensive) and it was awesome too!

Quoting kary1124:

Quoting MissTacoBell:

2 Yellow squash

2 Zucchini squash

1 green bell pepper

1 yellow bell pepper

1 red bell pepper

5-8 asparagus spears

1-2 tbsp olive oil

Any favorite seasoning

MissTacoBell
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Dh is the same way, but he LOVES this stuff mixed with rice and beef strips. And it seems like a lot until you take it out. It really doesn't make more than a few cups, but it's so nutritious, you really don't need to make more.

Quoting kary1124:

yea id have to cut everything in half cuz theres only four of us 2 of which are 3 and 5 so its hard to get them to eat much and my df doesnt eat a lot of veggies, i seriously have to make chili or meatloaf to get him eat get a few servings of veggies a week.. me on the other hand would probably eat all of that without thinking twice lol

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Quoting kary1124:

Quoting MissTacoBell:

2 Yellow squash

2 Zucchini squash

1 green bell pepper

1 yellow bell pepper

1 red bell pepper

5-8 asparagus spears

1-2 tbsp olive oil

Any favorite seasoning

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kary1124
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:53 PM
adding the beef and rice would be a great idea! i make a dish with beef, rice and bell peppers so itd kinda be like that but better! lol but thanks for letting me know that! i cant wait to try this!

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Dh is the same way, but he LOVES this stuff mixed with rice and beef strips. And it seems like a lot until you take it out. It really doesn't make more than a few cups, but it's so nutritious, you really don't need to make more.

Quoting kary1124:

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Quoting kary1124:

Quoting MissTacoBell:

2 Yellow squash

2 Zucchini squash

1 green bell pepper

1 yellow bell pepper

1 red bell pepper

5-8 asparagus spears

1-2 tbsp olive oil

Any favorite seasoning

GetInShapeFast
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Here's a super simple and healthy Banana Mouse recipe that my kids love.  Check it out through this link:  http://kathrynwong.com/healthy-recipes/healthy-banana-mousse/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)